Policy Writer – San Jose, CA
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. We were ranked #1 in the nation by Business Insider and stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility.
Join the Caliva team as a Policy Writer and become part of something exciting. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere.
The Policy Writer will compose, maintain and clarify policies and procedures throughout the company. This role will ensure documentation is audit ready, functional and accurately reflects the company’s procedures, process flows and controls.
Duties and responsibilities
- Meet with department managers to acquire thorough knowledge of each departments operations and procedures.
- Revise existing manuals, as needed and maintain records of any policy changes
- Professionally design high-quality procedural documents that are clear, concise and accurate
- Analyze, research, and develop policy and procedure documents according to company standards
- Revise and update procedures regularly to ensure the most up to date procedures are readily available and subject matter remains accurate
- Maintain policies and procedure in a centralized database on company’s Intranet site
- Track all changes and revisions to all procedural documents
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a background check with the San Jose Police Department.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of compliance in the cannabis industry is preferred
- Previous experience working in a compliance field is a plus.
- One year of experience with writing corporate policies and procedures is preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated skills in critical thinking, attention to detail, and problem-solving.
- Highly proficient in time management, planning and prioritization; ability to manage changing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience with process flow and process mapping.
Candidates please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in this opportunity with Caliva.