Budtender – Berner’s on Haight
Part Time Regular San Francisco, CA 94117
Hourly Wage Minimum: $19.00
Hourly Wage Maximum: $20.00
Is a Drug Test required? – Not Checked
Is a Background Check required? – Not Checked
The Budtender is responsible for day to day operations of the dispensary, collaborating with department managers and contributes to all strategies and tasks related to facilities, accounting, sales and marketing, and public relations. Demonstrates proficiency, organization, calmness, and attention to detail in a fast-paced retail environment, is resourceful and able to work both independently and with a team, and prioritizes professionalism, quality and customer service.
- Welcomes, greets, and establishes rapport with customers and visitors with warmth and professionalism and while delivering quality customer experiences to advance a positive experience and ongoing relationship with the customer.
- Provides customers with cannabis information and educational resources regarding strains, methods of consumption, effects, and precautions related to their consumption of cannabis products.
- Provides enthusiastic and informative engagement on in-depth product knowledge of products including features, benefits, and overall value and offers help and provides direct assistance to customers that are new to cannabis use.
- Attends to the unique and individual shopping needs of each customer by meeting the customer where they are in their understanding and knowledge of cannabis products.
- Cross-sells and encourages beneficial product addons.
- Upsells when appropriate; promote current sales, promotions, coupon deals, discounts, etc.
- Operates a cash register. Itemize and total purchases by recording prices, departments, discounts/specials, and regulation limits.
- Accurately process payments from customers; issue receipts, refunds, credits, and provide customers cash change when necessary.
- Handles customer complaints in a calm and professional manner or escalate customer issues to the Floor lead or management.
- Assists in organizing and replenishing front stock and helps to merchandise the store.
- Maintains a clean and tidy work and retail space.
- Works as a team to achieve sales goals.
- Assist with product preparation and displays.
- Communicates known issues, knowledge gaps, and coaching opportunities to the store management team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
- Solicits feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all company policy and state regulations.
- Demonstrates expertise in cannabis science, cannabis brands/products, and state regulations.
- Attends and completes continued online and inhouse training.
- Provides new members with a facility tour as well a full description of all product options offered.
- Continues to enhance your knowledge of medical cannabis, and continually hone your ability to explain and recommend cannabis to accurately address customer needs.
- Maintains the professional appearance of the sales floor by restocking merchandise on the dispensing and participating in basic store cleanup.
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all staging areas and Point of Sale system terminals.
- Interacts with members onsite as well as over the phone, collecting feedback on the products and services provided by the dispensary.
- Utilizes and trains budtenders on features of product tracking and point of sale systems efficiently.
- Unpacks, sorts, counts and labels merchandise as directed, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Completes other assignments, tasks, and duties as assigned by management.
- Previous budtender experience.
- Great customer service and a drive to go above and beyond for your team and your customer
- A passion and interest for all things cannabis.
Benefits & Perks
- Mission based company + entrepreneurial work environment
- Employee discount, company events, concerts, festivals + much more