Delivery Driver – Grass Roots
Position Status: Regular Full-Time/Part-Time
Reports To: General Manager
You will be responsible for completing scheduled deliveries to customers in the San Francisco area. Other responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Process and deliver customer orders using company approved software/apps and GPS.
- Package/Manage orders accurately, take cash payments and make accurate change.
- Reliable vehicle with a separate trunk. Willingness to install required containers in trunk area.
- Provide excellent customer service by phone, text and during in-person deliveries.
- Ensure customer questions and/or concerns are addressed promptly and efficiently and communicate with manager when needed.
- Obey all traffic laws and operate vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to lift bins of inventory, bend, drive and stand for extended periods of time
- Professional and personable
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers and other staff members.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES – REQUIRED
- Valid California driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a clean DMV record (proof of good driving record is required)
- Accurate, fast, proficient cash handling skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure in a close work environment
- Must be friendly, flexible and a team player
- Be dedicated, dependable, trust-worthy, detail-oriented, and have a positive attitude
- Professional Appearance and a stable, solid work history.
- Superior attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal (oral and written) communication skills
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES – PREFERRED
- Overall understanding of cannabis industry; Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and consistent attendance and the ability to stand and work with hands and arms for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week. •
- Physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stand and move throughout the dispensary.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Have consistent and reliable onsite attendance at the dispensary.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English;
- Interpret and follow a variety of instructions and procedures furnished in English – written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and other deadlines consistently.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- Communicate effectively and promptly to clients, vendors or employees of the organization.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
- Stand stationary in dispensary throughout the shift for periods of time (up to 8 hours per day, 5 days per week);
- Continuous physical activity including walking, standing, twisting, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling, wiping, climbing, pushing and pulling items weighing 50 pounds for distances of up to 20 ft.;
- Perform basic math and fractions to complete transactions
- Understand and respond to staff and customer requests in a loud environment;
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
The employee will be expected to work 40 hours weekly and must be available and onsite during an 8 hour portion of the “core” work hours of 7:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. seven days per week.
Candidates please send resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this opportunity with Grass Roots to: firstname.lastname@example.org