Extraction Lab Manager – Euphoric Life
Extraction Lab Manager – $85-110K plus benefits and performance bonus
Euphoric Life – Hollister, CA
Our client, a cannabis manufacturing and extraction facility, is seeking an experienced, dedicated and passionate Extraction Lab Manager to join their team located in Hollister, CA.
The Extraction Lab Manager will oversee all production, quality assurance, operations, training, safety awareness and personnel at their cannabis extraction facility. This job includes significant administrative and regulatory compliance duties to ensure our client complies with GMP standards.
Most importantly, the Extraction Lab Manager will be a team-player and a respectful collaborator, always using their position to grow the company through the empowerment and development of others.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and manage the high-throughput progression of product through winterization, filtration, and distillation of the resulting crude oil using thin film distillate systems, and finally isolation
- Interview, hire and train required extraction laboratory personnel in order to keep up with production requirements
- Consistently achieve quality end products with repeatability
- Create new and improved product formulations
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Ability to resolve any conflict respectfully and in a timely manner, addressing and resolving problems in order to create a culture of engagement and high-performance
- Ensuring equipment reliability throughout production process
- Must be accessible 7 days a week either on-site or by phone to address any laboratory issues.
- Supports the organization by ensuring operations efficiency by implementing and constantly improving cost reduction strategies.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Highly skilled and experienced in botanical extractions (Butane, Ethanol, C02, distillation, isolate)
- Experienced in creating concentrate products including Shatter, Wax, Crumble, Diamonds, Butter etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Exposure to a fast paced and deadline related environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated professional assertiveness.
- Experience complying with GMP standards
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issues with the processes and instrumentation.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Compensation: $85-110K plus benefits and performance bonus.