Retail Manager – Purple Star
Purple Star MD is looking for an individual to work collaboratively with management team to achieve company objectives in sales, service and quality standards, appearance, and cleanliness of the business, through employee training and creating a positive, productive working environment.
As part of the management team your duties will include and are not limited to:
- Oversee day to day operations, while supervising dispensary staff.
- Assume all duties as the Manager when they are absent or unavailable.
- Fill in when and where ever is needed to ensure guest experience is never compromised while providing highest level of service. Assume all duties as the General Manager when they are absent or unavailable.
- Assist with new and current staff training on customer service, sales and product knowledge to ensure guests receive the best service possible.
- Employee communication and recognition to promote positive team interactions.
- Ability to handle guest and employee request in a appropriate and professional manner
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a quick and professional manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of all state and local laws and regulations for cannabis sales, ensuring dispensary’s compliance with local and state regulations
- Maintain inventory control system and performs counts of all cannabis products in the facility
- Make recommendations and be proactive on ways to make the store better
- Ensure all opening and closing duties are completed before opening and all closing and the venue is completely secured before departing for the night
Qualifications/Previous Experience: .
- At least 3 years management/supervisor experience in high volume establishments
- Knowledge of retail and business operations.
- Must be able to input and access information in the POS system, delivery systems, marketing outlets, computers, etc
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational skill and ability to multitask
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Throughout extended periods must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day.
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry preferred, but not required.
- Ability to think creatively while also being organized and ability to follow through
- Ability to work early and late hours, including weekends
- Minimum of 21 years of age, Requires background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $63,000.00 per year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment