Examples of Duties:
Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all the duties which may be performed. Incumbent may perform other related duties at the equivalent level.
- Cleans assigned buildings and areas.
- Removes trash and recyclables from terminal buildings to trash/recycle chutes and/or outside trash/recycle compactors.
- Operates electrical trash/recycle compactors.
- Sweeps outside areas and sidewalks; sweeps and mops rooms, halls, stairways, and public areas; cleans lighting fixtures; tops of windows, doorframes and other high areas; polishes furniture, woodwork, etc.
- Cleans restrooms; replenishes supplies; washes walls and windows; gathers and disposes of trash and wastes; removes chewing gum.
- Cleans, waxes, polishes, and shampoos floors and carpets using mechanical cleaners and polishers.
- Picks up trash, moves objects.
- Drives to and from work carrying supplies in a pick-up or walk-in van; receives and stores supplies.
- Gives directions and answers questions to general public.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires education and experience demonstrating possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities described above. A typical combination would include graduation from high school or its equivalent plus one year of experience performing custodial work at a heavy traffic facility with high interface with the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the typical task and duties of the position successfully, the knowledge, skills and/or abilities listed below are required.
- Common cleaning tools such as mops, brooms, vacuums, scouring devices, wax applicators, outdoor sweepers, power floor waxers and polishers, etc.
- Proper handling of cleaning chemicals and materials.
- Safety practices and procedures in handling cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Operate large ride-on cleaning equipment, etc.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Perform routine repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties and to work as a team.
- Work under deadlines and coordinate several concurrent assignments.
Job Title: Pit Stop Ambassador (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Pit Stop Supervisor
Salary: $17.34-$20.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Pit Stop Ambassador (Monitor) is responsible for general maintenance of assigned unit(s) and surrounding area; as well as to serve as a community liaison to the public.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to operate basic tools or equipment used in routine janitorial functions
- Ability to keep assigned unit(s) clean and orderly
- Ability to learn and utilize technology and technology equipment, as appropriate
- Ability to interact with staff and community, while remaining professional, polite, and courteous
- Job Tasks – Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties at assigned unit
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing public unit
- Sweeping and cleaning the block adjacent to unit
- Oversee safe needle disposal in specially marked bins
- Maintains neat and orderly supply areas
- Collects litter and debris and deposit in designated locations and receptacles
- Assists in examining the facility for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to supervisor
- Maintains a daily log of visitors to assigned unit, their comments/feedback
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Effective Communication skills
- Participate in Success Centers Job Readiness Program
- Obtain at least 2 certificates while employed with the agency
- Prolonged periods standing
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.