Automotive Technician – Bus Mechanic A and B
Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation, our skilled team of technicians is the driving force that keeps our fleet of luxury, sedans, SUVs, shuttle buses, and motor coaches operating in top condition. As a Bus Mechanic, you will need strong technical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges and a willingness to be a team player dedicated to exceptional customer service. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us a Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation.
Job location: One opening in San Francisco, CA and One opening in Santa Clara, CA
- Repair and maintain company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Inspect, repair, maintain and test vehicles & equipment at prescribed maintenance intervals of mileage, time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspect, test and align truck, van and light-duty equipment lights and to maintain electrical systems and controls.
- Maintain and repair brakes, braking systems, engines and all related chassis components.
- Maintain vehicle and adjust equipment to standards set by state or federal DOT for motor vehicle inspection and safety standards.
- Have the knowledge to use gauges, drills, grinders, measuring devices or other specialized equipment as required.
- Account for time by completing time cards and repair orders on a daily basis.
- Send completed paperwork to Fleet Data Entry based on company standards and guidelines
- Maintain parts inventory levels, notify of potential safety issues, and communicate other issues on a daily bases to the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of direct mechanic experience on light, medium, and heavy equipment – or vocational training, trade or technical school degree/certification of completion.
- Must possess the necessary skills and abilities to perform the duties normally associated with the diagnosis, maintenance and repair of light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Must be able to maintain a valid DOT physical card.
- Must be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to adhere to all safety policies and procedures, I.E. work boots (no sneakers), eye, ear, and hand protection etc.
- ASE medium / heavy duty T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7 and T8 preferred.
Service Technician must own and maintain standard tools needed to perform the task described in the job description and replace said tools as required.
An example of these tools are box and open end wrenches up to 1-1/4” in size, 1/4”,3/8”, and 1/2” drive sockets and ratchets up to 1-1/4” in size, screwdrivers, hammers, basic test meters,1/2” & 3/8” impact wrenches. 3/8” and 1/2” impact sockets up to 1-1/4” (The is an example of
some of the tools required and not a complete list)
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, CNG and electric equipment, in compliance with the manufacturers’ and company schedules
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vehicles
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
We Offer Our Drivers
- Attractive health benefit package including, medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Year-round work
- Training and advancement
Bauer’s Transportation is an equal opportunity employer.
- San Francisco
- Santa Clara
Job Type: Full-time