$19.52 – $29.28/hour
We sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stations. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, enjoy working as a team and have a positive work attitude. The perfect fit for our team is self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively & safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
The Assistant Station Manager (ASM) assists the Station Manager (SM) in the overall operations of the retail facility, to meet and/or exceed performance and profit goals according to company objectives. These include but are not limited to: safety, compliance and providing work direction of staff. The AM role models and demonstrates the company’s core values of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust
- Assist Station Manager in the day-to-day operations of the retail facility.
- Maintain oversight of station operations and staff in the Station Manager’s absence.
- Provide work direction, motivation and coaching to staff during shifts to ensure assigned tasks are completed in accordance with CSI’s guidelines and expectations.
- Support and adhere to execution of established safety, security, quality guidelines, as well as all other CSI policies, procedures, practices, and programs. Respond to accidents or incidents in a professional and timely manner, including escalating to Station Manager or Business
- Consultant as appropriate.
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees comply with company wage & hour requirements.
- Support and adhere to CSI’s cash/money handling and accountability processes.
- Preserve safety of self, fellow employees, and all others in the work location by utilizing the CSI Loss Prevention process. Role-model safe behaviors.
- Maintain courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors and community at large.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Perform all duties of Customer Service Representative (CSR) as needed.
Principal duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide work direction to staff during shifts to ensure station operations are covered including, but not limited to customer service, stocking, cleaning, and food-service.
- Assist with product inventory management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinate with other stations to limit out-of-stocks in station across the zone.
- Follow CSI guidance to ensure correct volume and products in stores. Conduct mini-audits, as requested, to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Support and adhere to CSI’s cash/money handling and accountability processes; comply with Loss Prevention processes; effectively utilize all transactional equipment (cash registers, electronic safe,
- lottery, fuel, phone card, EBT, and credit card, etc.) to efficiently process customer transactions. Provide assistance/training to CSRs as needed.
- Use, operate, clean, and maintain cleanliness of all food service equipment (coffee, fountain drink machine, frozen beverages, iced tea, hot dog grille, microwave, etc.). Provide assistance to CSRs as needed
- Inform Station Manager of any issues or concerns that might affect the store’s customer service, safety record, profitability, or adherence to any Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure self, station personnel and contractors on shift comply with CSI’s safety standards; use appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Use various computer programs to support daily operations of the store. Complete daily/weekly administrative tasks regarding retail & gas sales, compliance, daily paperwork, deliveries, invoice processing, etc.
- In the absence of Station Manager, keep Business Consultant informed of station operations and issues.
- Perform job duties of a CSR and other duties as needed or assigned by Station Manager or Business Consultant.
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees understand and comply with the company wage & hour guidelines.
- Support and role-model CSI’s core values of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced retail, food service or fuel environment, including cash handling and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience operating a cash register, computer console, and other related equipment, tools and computer software programs & applications.
- Knowledge and application of proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food storage and serving.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays, based on business needs.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally, exercising good judgement.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Rare, limited to required training, zone/district training or coverage for nearby stations.
Physical demands include but are not limited to:
- Perform the following continuously throughout the shift: walking and standing, sometimes on hard and uneven surfaces, reaching, grasping and pushing buttons.
- Perform the following frequently throughout the shift: bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching below waist.
- Continuously lift weights up to 10lbs; occasionally lift weights up to 35lbs. Follow the team-lift concept if objects are too heavy or awkward.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures while always using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions.
- Periodic exposure to cleaning supplies and chemicals, salt, spill absorbents, etc.
- Occasional exposure to walk-in coolers at 34 F.