Bilingual Office Manager / Receptionist
M-F 7:30am – 4pm
Compass Children’s Center (CCC) is a nationally accredited enriched early childhood education center with a curriculum tailored to meet the specific needs of children living in extreme poverty and homelessness. CCC serves 70 children, ages 0-5, and their families each day, and addresses the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of the children, as well as the functioning and well-being of the families.
The Office Manager/Receptionist is the first point of contact for families and other visitors coming to CCC. They greet families and children each morning, maintain the safety and security of our space, provide families with updates and resources, and provide administrative support to the management team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Greet all children, families and other visitors as they enter the building.
- Remind parents of pending appointments, as well as upcoming events at CCC, Compass, and in the community.
- Maintain up to date information in our electronic sign in/out system and ensure that families are signing in and out consistently.
- Answer phone calls and triage phone messages sent to the main CCC phone line.
- Provide clerical support for CCC management team, such as sorting mail, contacting messenger services, copying, placing orders for supplies, filing, and helping with meal count reconciliation.
- Monitor entry area for potentially unsafe situations, and alert CCC managers or the authorities as needed.
- Ensure that the front lobby and stroller parking area is clean and clear.
- Update and maintain informational bulletin boards with resources and information for families.
- Spanish fluency required
- One year of receptionist or similar customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and professional telephone protocol
- Desire to work with families experiencing and at-risk of homelessness
- Ability to interact with families and children with patience and in a positive, friendly manner
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work