Full Time/Part time, flexible hours
Cannabis Guides are the first point of contact for customers and visitors and are responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences. The primary responsibility of the Cannabis Guide is to assist customers with finding the right product to meet their needs while providing exceptional service. The Cannabis Guide is a reflection of our mission and purpose and all actions should represent the culture and values that differentiate us from our competitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list is not all inclusive.
Cannabis Guides are the primary point of contact for customers and visitors and are responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences.
Cannabis Guides create an outstanding customer experience when they:
- Help customers understand and select specific products tailored to meet their needs.
- Listen carefully to customer needs, ask questions to know what products, alternatives, and/or suggestions are appropriate.
- Explain and promote the Brand, Mission, Purpose, and Values by using selling techniques that allow customers to shop confidently in-store and online.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicator results as directed by the Store Manager.
- Develop and maintain lasting and impactful professional relationships by making meaningful connections with customers.
Cannabis Guides ensure the efficient operations of their store and department when they:
- Effectively and accurately use the technology required for the position (Point of Sale system, check-in system, loyalty program, scanners, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of cash in till.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory in the Point of Sale System (Cova) and seed to sale system.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the store.
- Cannabis Guides reports to the Manager-On-Duty during their shift and to the Store Manager for personal development.
- Our Culture is how we think, speak and behave to deliver Outstanding Customer Experiences. Cannabis Guides must be positive, friendly, and energetic members of the Team and to every customer. Cannabis Guides contribute to a positive Team environment by providing Outstanding Customer Experiences to increase overall Store performance.
Performance Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Be knowledgeable about Cannabis products, methods of delivery and applications.
- Be knowledgeable about and adhere to state and local Cannabis regulations in order to deliver Outstanding Customer Experiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, competitive, start-up working environment.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, time management and problem solving skills..
- Work is generally performed in a busy dispensary and requires frequent contact and interaction with customers, vendors, and visitors.
- Hours and shifts worked per week are varied and include mornings, nights, afternoons, and weekends. Shifts vary depending on hours of operation and business needs.
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard, iPad, receipt printer, and other point of sale equipment.
- Frequent moving, reaching, and grabbing.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and moving up to 20 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience in a high-volume customer service role for 1-2 years.
- Experience working in a team-oriented role for 1-2 years.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21+ and possess a valid driver’s license or state ID.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in the retail cannabis industry
At Origins | Rose Mary Jane, we believe our workforce should be as diverse as the cannabis plant itself. We actively seek out people of different backgrounds and encourage all to apply. Your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, national origin, and any other protected characteristic that makes you uniquely you, are welcome here.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.