Job Title: Career Advisor Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Salary Range (DOE): $20.00-$25.00 per hour
The Success Center SF (SCSF) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SCSF has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SCSF envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Career Advisor provides intakes and career assessments, job readiness training, job placement and coaching, and related assistance to eligible adults, seniors, youth and dislocated workers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to access/interpret labor market information
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, and an understanding of client database systems
- Understands the special employment needs of diverse groups. Is able to adapt materials and services to address these needs
- Strong customer service skills
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Success Centers’s mission.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct orientations (individual and group), intakes and career assessments with job-seekers and develop Individual Employment Plans (IEPs) for each participant.
- Coordinate referrals to employers, workforce programs, training opportunities and other placements, and to case managers as needed.
- Provide follow-up job coaching to ensure retention in placements.
- Data Entry – input/submit clients to platforms used by Success Centers,WFC, Salesforce, GMS, CMS, etc.
- Attend monthly Career Advisor meetings to discussed caseloads
- Attend weekly check in with Supervisor
- Attend weekly Job Huddles
- Provide job-readiness training, individually and group, on topics such as resume writing, mock interviewing, etc.
- Facilitate peer support groups for program participants
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation in program logs and client files
- Conduct all activities in accordance with Success Centers and OEWD performance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one-year direct experience in Workforce Development desired
- Extensive experience with employment and job readiness training
- Current Career Development Facilitation (CDF) certification required or completed within the first six months in the position
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Loria Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.