Home Care Provider
San Francisco - CA
Posted 1 month ago
- Home Care Professional (HCPs) start at an hourly rate of $22.00
- Eligible HCPs will have an opportunity to advance after 4 months with a pay increase to $25.00 per hour
- Paid introductory, specialized, and professional development training (limited CEU eligibility)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits at no cost to you!
- Sick pay, PTO, commuter benefits, retirement options
- Employee assistance program
- Issued a cell phone for work use
- Providers in this role are represented by SEIU Local 2015 under a collective bargaining agreement
- We work with a high risk, high needs population of individuals who may struggle with mental health conditions or substance abuse, live in SROs or shelters, and/or do not have a strong personal support system. As a Home Care Professional (HCP I) you carry out our mission to provide
- high-quality home care and supportive services to the elderly and people with disabilities, enabling them to live safely and independently in their homes and community.
- As an HCP I, you will complete our Home Care Professional Basic Training Course held onsite at our San Francisco office and report directly to a Care Supervisor. In training, you will learn skills to help you provide a range of personal care and domestic services to clients. You will also learn how to detect and report signs of a client’s declining physical or mental health, how to work with clients with limited mobility, and how to communicate with a client who may refuse the services you are contracted to provide.
- Provide in-home care to aging adults and people with disabilities in San Francisco
- Read and use client care plans, prioritizing daily tasks to ensure client health and safety
- Assist with personal care, including dressing, toileting, bathing & showering, and assisting with personal hygiene and appearance
- Assist with domestic care, including meal preparation, residential cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and de-cluttering
- Accompany clients to attend appointments and help with errands, assisting with public transportation and accessibility needs (no driving)
- Receive specialized training on an individual’s complex support needs including the use of a mechanical (Hoyer) lift, catheter care, or blood sugar monitoring
- Complete required introductory and professional development training(s) to provide skilled and person-centered care
- Adhere to professional and standards and Homebridge policy and procedures
Full-time: 40 hours per week. Must be available to work 5 days a week, including 1 weekend day. Shift are as follows:
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (full-time)
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (full-time)
- 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM (full-time)
Part-time: Up to 28 hours per week. Must be available to work 1 weekend day. Shift are as follows:
- 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM (part-time)
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (part-time)
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday up to 8 hours each day (part-time)
- Able to work and travel in all areas of San Francisco, including private homes, SROs, supported housing, and residential facilities (no vehicle required!)
- An understanding and desire to support our mission of supporting independent living by providing quality in-home care
- Able to perform all essential duties, including personal care services to all genders
- Must be dependable, able to communicate, and follow directions.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and responsible decision making
- Must have a basic comprehension of written and verbal English
- Must be legally eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Must pass a Department of Justice background check and Tuberculosis (TB) test* (pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records)
- Per California state mandate, starting 12/01/2021 all caregivers who work for IHSS (including Homebridge) must be fully vaccinated. As such, all staff due for a booster vaccine must receive the booster and provide documentation before their first day of training at Homebridge If you are not vaccinated but willing to get vaccinated, you can still pursue the hiring process. You can review the full policy on our website: https://www.homebridgeca.org/vaccine-req-eng
- You are responsible for domestic services and personal care. Therefore, it is essential that you can meet the following physical demands:
- Able to be stand or be physically active for the duration of work shift, excluding breaks
- Able to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 25 lbs.
- Able to kneels or bend down and forward at the leg, spine, or waist.
- Able to walk up and down a minimum of 2 flights of stairs
- Able to walk a minimum of 2 city blocks