Class B & C Commercial Delivery Driver
LOCATION: South San Francisco, CA 94080
Italfoods Inc., a 40-year family owned importer and distributor of fine specialty foods, is seeking a Class B Commercial Delivery Driver to support our SF Bay Area Delivery Department.
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including: obtaining and reviewing driver itinerary, checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, completing required trailer temperature checks and performing pre-trip safety check inspections of trucks according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at customer site
- Unload products from the truck with a hand truck, lift gate, or by hand and place items in designated customer storage areas
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact Customer Service for authorization of invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns
- As requested by management, drive backhauls which requires picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for receiving while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and completing necessary paperwork; performing safety checks on the truck; fueling (as required by the division); parking and securing the truck; completing DOT logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as required
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies
- Follow division shift times, and continue until the work is completed within DOT HOS regulations. Some Holiday deliveries may be required.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements and be DOT qualified. A clean driving record means no major violations (DUI, DWI, homicide, reckless driving, drugs, leaving the scene of an accident) within the past 3 years. It also means no more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents or combination thereof within the past 3 years
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) and tools used to perform the job
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Must know/have ability to learn material safety data sheet information regarding all material used within the scope of the work.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a controlled substance abuse screening test
- Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies