Full Time, On Site and Remote
The Controller oversees the accounting team, provides reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders, and ensures adherence to all relevant accounting best practices. Success in this role is measured by accurate and usable financial records, a well-functioning department with clear and effective systems, empowered team members and timely completion of stated objectives. The Controller is the primary interface to TPCO Accounting and Finance teams as well as third party auditing teams. In this capacity the Controller works with those teams to coordinate accounting practices consistently and compliantly and to ensure that is meeting all regulatory requirements for a publicly traded company. This position reports to the CFO located in our corporate office in San Jose, Ca.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare financial reporting and analysis
- Suggest and implement improvements to accounting systems and procedures
- Integrate other locations to corporate accounting resources to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure accounting procedures follow corporate policy, as well as GAAP and SOX requirements
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial data to accounting and corporate executives
- Assist with monthly inventory valuation process and inventory entries
- Record appropriate accounting entries in corporate accounting system (currently Odoo)
- Analyze performance by business segment and refine systems for accurately capturing profitability data
- Act as a liaison to third party auditors; coordinate resources to ensure timely audit completion
- Oversee accounting document organization and retention
- Review and approve weekly non-supplier payables
- Review and approve monthly bank statement reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of cultivation tax liability records and tax returns
- Review GL reconciliations and ensure consistent and accurate account usage
- Monitor and improve upon internal control systems, including cash handling controls and procedures
- Oversee implementation of procedures to ensure proper following of accounting practices and proper data entry into ERP system
- Assist executive team with financial initiatives
- Conduct monthly closing procedures
- Hire, train, and oversee accounting staff
- Ensure appropriate resources and staffing of the department to meet business needs
- Drive positive employee relations and deliver sustainable results
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Minimum 15 years public accounting experience, most recently as Corporate Controller.
- Multi-entity, CPG, and Supply Chain experience in a high growth company.
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- History of developing and implementing accounting policies, procedures, controls, and financial reporting requirements.
- Accounting team building and CPG related startup experience.
- Financial systems integration experience.
- Control environment design and implementation.
- Strong cost accounting skills.
- Reporting experience and data proficiency a big plus
- Success in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Proven track record of cross functional relationships across the organization.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive projects to completion, manage competing priorities and provide guidance to the team and business no prioritization.
- Self-motivated with good time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- This role will require both on-site/ in-office and remote presence.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects, and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement.
Candidates, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in this opportunity with The Parent Company.