Effective Date: ASAP
Rooted in Bayview Hunters Point, the mission of 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is to help youth throughout the San Francisco Bay Area make healthy and safe decisions that improve their physical, emotional, and social health, empowering them to become successful, engaged adults.
Our vision is to support the physical, mental and social health and well-being of youth so that they may become active, contributing members of the San Francisco Bay Area or their communities.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations, managing the organization’s HR processes with the HR department, creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the ED and Deputy Director. Reporting to the ED and serving as a member of the management team, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial and operational functions. Working with the management team, the position also con tributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will work well in a busy, self-motivated, bilingual environment that requires a high level of organization with an attention to detail, and proficiency in multitasking and prioritizing tasks, strong communication abilities with a range of stakeholders, creativity, and an ability to identify and adapt well to evolving needs and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
● Assist in preparation of budgets.
● Manage office expenditure within the expenditure budgetary limits.
● Maintain, manage and update records of all inventories.
● Assist in the preparation of various financial statements and records periodically.
● Work closely with Executive Director and Development Coordinator to support all development functions
● Maintain the donor database using Excel (using pivot tables) and other development features
● Handle all incoming contributions (processing, follow-up, acknowledgments) and handle financial reconciliations with the accounting/finance team
● Handle outgoing and incoming communications with existing and prospective donors
● Create, implement and manage development campaigns
● Research and cultivate potential partnerships with corporations and individuals
● Manage grant applications (either through a contracted company or applying
● Oversee the development and successful implementation of fundraising events
● Engage the Board, Development and Finance Department, and all existing or potential donors with regular communications
● Organize tour travel experience for donors.
Coordinate overall administrative activities including, but not limited to:
● Manage office communications (email, calls, etc.)
● Negotiate the purchase of office supplies, equipment, etc. ● Organize meetings and manage office calendar
● Create meeting materials and write minutes
● Manage mass mailing campaigns
● Organize and execute holiday mailing
● Organize and update the contact database
● Troubleshoot IT issues
● Coordinate general building maintenance as needed
● Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals
● Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
● Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures
● Working with the ED and Deputy Director to plan the use of human resources
● Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff
● Assist in the establishment of organizational structure, the delegation of tasks and accountabilities
● Establish work schedules
● Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts, and Finance
● Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions
● Liaison with Board and ED
● Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity
● Implement and manage operational plans
● Coordinate organizational insurance policies
● Ensure health and safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned
Other duties as they may come up.
● Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, or HR and at least three years of relevant professional experience or BA in any field with at least five years of relevant professional experience.
● Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
● Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel and pivot tables, PowerPoint, Google Suite
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
● Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
● Desire to take initiative on projects
● Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
● Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
● A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
● Knowledge of labor standards
● Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
● Ability and willingness to travel
● Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
● Open to direction and collaborative work style
● Commitment to get the job done
● Delegate responsibilities effectively
● High comfort level working in a diverse environment working conditions and non-standard hours of work
● Commitment to social justice and our mission
● An advanced degree in a relevant field of study preferred
● Experience in a nonprofit/humanitarian organization preferred
● Knowledge of government contract management preferred
● Experience with fundraising preferred
● Spanish fluency desirable
● Experience with Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign) and website editing (WordPress) preferred
● Budget development and oversight experience preferred
● Preference is given for experience in writing a successful grant application
This position requires work outside the office environment. The use of a personal vehicle may be required. A valid driver’s license is required. Criminal Record Check is required. This position will be based out of one of the 3rd Street locations. This is a full time (40 hrs per week) position. Salary and benefits to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to Sakeenah El-Amin at email@example.com or submit them in the form below.