Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range (DOE): $71,500-$85,000
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development, education, and arts services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Director of Leadership Development will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating leadership programs for staff, executives and emerging leaders. This position will facilitate and/or coordinate monthly workshops for staff and community partners, using executive coaching and professional development strategies. The Director of Leadership Development reports to the Chief Executive Officer and, in turn, supervises technical and clerical staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to design, implement and direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development, as well as research training options and alternatives
- Ability to think strategically, creating competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans to support organizational and local efforts
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Ability to cultivate the creative ideas of others, make connections between ideas and people and project potential outcomes
- Ability to experiment with creative solutions and to enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar opportunities
- Ability to commit the organization’s actions and resources in a way that affects public image
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and emotionally charged information
- Excellent leadership, presentation and facilitator skills
Job Tasks – Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage leadership program(s) strategies and processes
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of leadership program(s), policies and strategies tailored to meet professional development needs and program goals
- Evaluate strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goal
- Lead the recruitment of program participants
- Assists with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to staff, executives and emerging community leaders
- Manage the development of the individual planning process for executives and emerging community leaders
- Collaborate with Success Centers leadership team and external partners
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet programmatic goals and provide for effective management of resources
- Participate in fund development activities and marketing and communication efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum three years of experience in a similar management role, or in a role demonstrating increasing level of skills and responsibility
- Substantial experience in and knowledge of leadership development and/or organizational capacity building.
- Extensive background in and knowledge of nonprofit and/or government management and leadership. Individuals with firsthand experience as nonprofit executive directors or senior managers preferred.
- Cultural competency: sensitivity to issues of urban youth culture, ethnicity, poverty, immigration status, homelessness, gender, gender identification and sexual orientation
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to hr@SucessCenters.org. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation. Candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our staff are encourage to apply.