Job Title: Food Service Attendant (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a
vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Food Service Attendant is responsible to provide routine food preparation and customer assistance services throughout the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and follow instructions.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to operate cooking and food preparation equipment.
• Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepares and serves drinks and foods according to agency specifications.
• Assists with food preparation as directed, operating food production equipment as required to complete tasks.
• Operates stove/range, broiler, or deep-fryer to prepare specific foods.
• Arranges table settings and folds napkins according to agency standard.
• Clears, cleans, and sanitizes tables.
• Maintains, cleans, and sanitizes work stations.
• Cleans and sanitizes dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other containers and returns to appropriate location in the kitchen area.
• Refills condiments or other supplies.
• Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food service.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Effective Communication skills.
• Previous experience a plus, but not required.
• Must pass a background check.
• Possess or have the ability to obtain a food handler certification.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Must be able to access and navigate all areas of agency.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
• May be required work in excessive heat and cold in association with the kitchen environment.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or submit them below.
For more information on this job position, please contact Tracy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.