Full Time, varies according to business needs
The Gardener will be responsible for daily gardening and plant health-related tasks, maintaining clean and sanitary gardens, and assisting with propagation tasks as needed.
- Performs basic gardening duties including but not limited to transplanting, defoliating, and cloning.
- Executes compliance and plant health-related tasks such as applying trellis, installing proper dripper stakes, applying METRC plant tags, etc.
- Maintains clean and sanitary gardens by scrubbing garden trays, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping.
- Assists with propagation responsibilities such as taking cuttings, maintaining clones, preserving mother plants, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Operations: This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures of 65-78 degrees Fahrenheit in the gardens with Relative Humidity levels up to 80%; may be exposed to bright lighting at a maximum of 600 umols (micromoles), CO2 at a maximum rate of 1200ppm, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and working in close proximity with staff and vendors.
- This position works independently most of the time, so excellent time-management skills are required.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
The Parent Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com expressing your interest in this opportunity with The Parent Company.