Help Desk Assistant
Part Time, Temporary
The Success Centers is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Help Desk Assistant will support the Microsoft Digital Literacy program and provided assistance to participants. This position helps with the day to day technical and evaluation tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create flyers and spreadsheets
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demand
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and assist with technical questions
- Passion for working with people of all ages
- Ability to learn quickly
- Support participants with computer activities and assignments in an in person and virtual environment.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, chat or email
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Setup and Breakdown of sites for the Computer Literacy Training.
- Assist with IT tech needs as assigned
- High School/GED preferred
- Cultural competency: sensitivity to issues of urban youth culture, ethnicity, immigration status, homelessness, gender, gender identification and sexual orientation
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socio-economic level, gender identification and sexual orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.