Posted 2 months ago
The HR Specialist provides HR support in a one-on-one working relationship. HR Specialist will work in an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The HR Specialist will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize
- multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong
- decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and coordinate agency hiring needs related to vacancies, newly
- funded positions and transfers
- Manage recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly, including advertising, review of resumes for minimum qualifications, schedule interviews, create interview questions, track candidates, analyze panel results, and make hiring recommendations
- Coordinate and schedule new hire orientations
- Lead and support special projects including talent assessment, worker’s compensation, outreach, and recruitment, etc.
- Onboard new employees including registration into payroll system
- Run and analyze reports related to HR, payroll and benefits administration
- Assist with review and validation of employee timecards for payroll processing
- Ensure all employee personnel records are maintained and in compliance with laws and agency policies
- Update employee profiles with changes to employment status and maintain appropriate notes in HR system to document changes
- Manage staff training portal included in HR system
- Respond in a timely manner to personnel legal notices from government agencies
- Assist CHRAO in researching and drafting agency policies
- Assist with the production and revision of HR forms such as offer letters, job descriptions, training materials, etc.
- Create step by step guides for HR processes and protocols
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle HR matters promptly and
- proactively to successful completion
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a relevant field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.