$65,032 – $67,743 annually
This position is responsible for delivering courses in-person or in hybrid (online and in-person) format, which differ in medium of instruction, location, and weekly schedule.
Success in this position requires the capacity to understand and internalize training content; develop a supportive learning environment; and, utilize interpersonal skills to build a good rapport with session participants.
This position is responsible primarily for leading in-person sessions in San Francisco for Homebridge employees and other IHSS providers.
Work will primarily take place during regular office hours (8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday), but some evening and/or weekend work may occasionally be required.
This position is responsible primarily for leading virtual, synchronous training sessions, and may be assigned to lead in-person sessions as needed.
Training is scheduled for weekdays during regular office hours (8am to 5pm) with some evening and weekend work required occasionally to extend access to in-home support service providers.
- Organize session materials and prepare for delivery
- Deliver all content during the scheduled session time
- Create a supportive learning atmosphere for participants to ask questions, share experiences and knowledge, and develop new skills
- Organize and provide content feedback to instructional team
- Integrate session delivery feedback from session participants and instructional managers to improve participants’ experience and outcomes
- 3+ years of experience teaching entry-level adult learners with demonstrated in-person and/or online training facilitation skills
- BA, equivalent experience, in-service training, or combination
- Well organized and prepared to manage a dynamic course schedule.
- Patience, flexibility, empathy, and ability to nurture others
- Good teaming, time management, and conflict resolution skills
- Hybrid position requires computer proficiency or aptitude for learning and using next technology to facilitate virtual conferencing and/or training platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc).
- Familiar with training/learning design principles and delivery, curriculum development, and adult learning theory
- Experience working with older adults, people with disabilities, and/or community service. Bilingual in English and Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Armenian)
HR: Work Environment & Physical Demands
This position can be primarily remote and sedentary. When in office, the applicant can expect to be working at a desk in a temperature-controlled office, in a modular space or individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Our funder does require all employees to reside in the State of California, but applicants are not required to live in the Bay Area.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day of work. This means having received two (2) Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one (1) Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and boosters once eligible.