Retail Inventory Associates are responsible for day to day inventory management at the retail storefront. They ensure inventory counts and shipments are accurate. They assist Inventory Manager in verification and receiving product shipments and in the organization of products within storage and on sales floor. They also ensure products are received within California Track and Trace system (METRC) and POS system, and have appropriate labels before being transferred to sales floor.
- Responsible for barcoding all new inventory in Point of Sale system
- Auditing the physical inventory to ensure that the physical inventory aligns precisely with the virtual inventory numbers
- Help with daily/weekly cycle counts and inventory evaluation and verification procedures
- Provide timely notice to Inventory Manager if discrepancies are found, so that they may be fully investigated
- Research inventory variances and adjustments
- Work with Inventory Manager/Lead to maintain an accurate account of non-stock and unavailable inventory
- Implementation of cannabis waste procedures and schedule
- Create a calendar of all upcoming expired products
- Maintain a list of all quarantined product
- Inventory experience in a retail environment
- Must be 21 years or older
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- METRC or similar cannabis seed-to-sale tracking software experience (preferred)
Skills and Attitudes:
- This position requires the ability to:
- Quickly learn and master new skills
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Perform all job functions with high attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work both independently and cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge skill and ability to upload position
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by STIIIZY and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company’s full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression
Certain staff members may be required to meet special dress, grooming, and hygiene standards, such as wearing uniforms or protective clothing, depending on the nature of their job. Uniforms and protective clothing may be required for certain positions and will be provided to employees by Shryne Group, Inc.
At the discretion of the department head, in special circumstances, such as during unusually hot or cold weather or during special occasions, staff members may be permitted to dress in a more casual fashion than is normally required. On these occasions, staff members are still expected to present a neat appearance and are not permitted to wear ripped, frayed or disheveled clothing. Likewise, tight, revealing, bare midriffs or otherwise the workplace-inappropriate dress is not permitted.
Reasonable accommodation of religious beliefs:
Shryne recognizes the importance of individually held religious beliefs to persons within its workforce. Shryne Group, Inc. will reasonably accommodate a staff member’s religious beliefs in terms of workplace attire unless the accommodation creates an undue hardship. Accommodation of religious beliefs in terms of attire may be difficult in light of safety issues for staff members. Those requesting a workplace attire accommodation based on religious beliefs should be referred to the human resources department.