Full Time, varies based on business needs
The IPM Technician performs specialized functions beyond daily gardening tasks, including but not limited to overseeing fertigation and application of pesticides.
- Complete and accurately log IPM sprays, drenches and dips as assigned by management.
- Scout all grow rooms for the presence and severity of any pest, disease, and nutritional issues. Precisely record all issues and report to management.
- Take plant samples for inspection to identify pests or plant health issues.
- Monitor the cleanliness of each of the grow rooms throughout each day.
- Properly maintain all equipment necessary for task completion.
- Prepare verbal presentations for weekly management meetings.
- Properly execute the release of biological control agents on a weekly basis.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
This position will work in an indoor cultivation facility with controlled temperatures of 65-80 °F in the gardens with Relative Humidity levels up to 80%; may be exposed to bright lighting up to 900 umols (micromoles), CO2 at a maximum rate of 1200 ppm, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and working in close proximity with staff and vendors.
- Knowledge of common cannabis plant pests and diseases is strongly preferred.
- This position works independently most of the time, so excellent time-management skills are required.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete and pass a respirator fit test within 30 days of hire.
California Department of Pesticide Regulation Private Applicator’s Certification preferred. Selected candidate must obtain Private Applicator’s Certification within 30 days of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
The Parent Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in this opportunity with The Parent Company.