Job Title: Job Developer
Position Type: Full-Time Position (Exempt)
Reports to: Career Center Director
Salary Range (DOE): $58,240 – $64,000
The Success Centers is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges, who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then, Success Centers has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. Success Centers envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Job Developer will cultivate, grow, and actively maintain lasting partnerships with employers in San Francisco and nearby counties (San Mateo, Alameda). They will conduct outreach to area businesses, participate in local business and community networks, and develop a menu of services to support the hiring process in San Francisco Bay Area businesses. They will provide assistance to job readiness/placement services.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Cultivate and establish mutually beneficial relationships with San Francisco and Bay Area businesses to secure ongoing employment opportunities for Success Centers’ participants.
* Create, support, and/or maintain an “Employer Database,” which identifies key employer contacts, industries, or sectors and job seeker placements with identified employers.
* Generate job leads that match qualifications of Success Centers participants, including warm leads through online job boards and other relevant sources. Actively help identify and manage job announcements for various Success Centers job boards with weekly updates.
* Partner with Career Advisors to actively engage participants in their job placements.
* External liaison representing Success Centers in the business community; providing workshops, trainings and other supports for businesses.
* Provide follow-up job coaching to ensure retention in placements.
* Support Career Advisors with drop-in participants, as needed.
* Maintain timely, accurate documentation in program logs, program data system, employer, and client files.
* Conduct all activities in accordance with Success Centers and City and County of San Francisco Office of Economic Workforce Development performance standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree with one-year direct experience in Workforce Development.
* Extensive directly-related experiences with employment and job readiness training.
* Current Career Development Facilitation (CDF) certification required or completed within the first six months in the position.
* Able to access/interpret labor market information.
* Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
* Proficiency in MS Office, and an understanding of client database systems
* Understands the needs of small businesses, is able to adapt materials and services to address these needs.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations, and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
* Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Success Centers’ mission.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Keisha Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org