Cannabis Production, Food Service
San Francisco - CA
Posted 2 weeks ago
Kitchen Processing Technician
The ideal candidate will have an attention to detail and an eye for quality control across all our product offerings. This individual must be able to multitask, work quickly and efficiently, and be adaptable to changing priorities and tasks as needed. We have a very fast-paced environment as we grow and expand. Must be motivated, trustworthy, and a team player.
We are looking for a FULL TIME Kitchen Processing Technician who can perform the duties below in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedures. This is a full time position based at our San Francisco facility.
- All staff are responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues to those that can initiate action
- Obtain correct daily recipes from general manager
- Responsible for mixing of additional ingredients based on written formula using various auxiliary equipment
- Monitor the cooking process following precise temperature and timing requirements as identified in written procedures
- Maintains written log of each batch of candy processed, recording own name, time, date, starch log number, temperature and refractometer reading, as appropriate
- As necessary cleans all equipment between batches and change overs
- Inspects all production to ensure compliance with specifications for that particular product
- Complete all paperwork which is required, including start-up checklists, batch tickets and other required paperwork
- May work in other departments and will perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of machines and equipment
- Fill in department gaps (manual labor) when short staffed or as needed
- Responsible for the quality of their work and implementation of the food safety/quality procedures applicable to the processes that they perform
- Report all safety incidents
- Responsible to report any food safety/quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action – direct supervisor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Label batches and track items on Metrc.
- Instruct future technicians in both technical and safe working procedures.
- Communicate with shift management daily to identify problem areas and develop action plans.
- Keep inventory of thermoforming materials and notify management when materials are running low.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- 2+ years of manufacturing or food-related industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as standard operating procedures, safety rules, maintenance instructions.
- Strong attendance record
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand different units measuring out temperature and weight.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High attention to detail with thorough record keeping abilities.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, must obtain AGENT ID permit.
- Flexibility to work off-shifts and overtime as needed