Job Title: Laundry Attendant (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for ensure that all linen, towels and any other identified items are cleaned and processed in a timely fashion and according to facility standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
• Detail-oriented and thorough.
• Ability to keep the laundry facility clean and orderly.
• Ability to interact with staff, clients and visitors, while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Sort all linen and items for cleaning
• Pre-treat any stained items as needed
• Wash/dry/iron linen, towels and other items assigned
• Clean and maintain machinery
• Clean and maintain laundry room
• Report any maintenance issues or faults using the company process
• Complete any laundry tasks in a timely fashion Qualifications
• Effective Communication skills.
• Previous experience a plus, but not required.
• Must pass a background check.
• Prolonged periods standing.
• Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Tracy Green at email@example.com