Member Consultant – SPARC Lower Haight
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee, Spouse and/or Child
- Hospital/Accident/Critical Illness Indemnity
- Commuter FSA
- Parking or Transit
- PCS Retirement 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Pet Insurance
- Cat, Dog and/or Avian
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- 34% at any SPARC dispensary
- Employee allowance
- $30 credit per pay period at any SPARC dispensary
- Free snacks at all SPARC locations
Responsible for ensuring each member receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment
Assist members with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, facilitate new membership and member renewal processes and always provide the highest level of customer service
Understand and embrace the mission of SPARC, affiliate organization(s), and their role in the industry and local and greater communities
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and maintain rapport with our members, vendors, service providers and staff.
- Ensure members’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate member requests and/or problems to a manager when needed.
- Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for members depending on their individual needs.
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to members clearly and effectively.
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash and credit card transactions.
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
- Set up and break down display cases daily. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock, and participate in inventory counts.
- Facilitate the new membership and member renewal processes.
- Perform data entry and manage the member database.
- Facilitate the verification process with doctors’ offices for new and renewing members if medical certification is provided.
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Book appointments for members for services they request.
- Maintain a current stock of Member Handbooks, Intake Forms, and promotional items, such as lighters, stickers and newsletters. Frequently maintain dispensary’s cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitization.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Give new members a tour of the dispensary.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with members and staff in all situations.
- Personal knowledge of effects of cannabis to self and others.
- Ability to perceive and meet the needs of members and staff without direction.
- Strong problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to dispense medicine accurately and efficiently.
- Strong math skills for Point of Sale (POS) system and cash handling.
- Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Must possess a high degree of personal ownership and accountability.
- Knowledgeable on cannabis strains, genetics, cultivation and medicinal effects
- Must have high level of organization, patience and flexibility
- Strong commitment to member service.
- Ability to adapt to a changing industry and growing organization.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required
- Must be 21 years old and submit to a background check.
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a busy cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area is very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult members and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.