- Experience: Bookkeeping, 2 years (Required)
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- License: Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
Full Job Description
- Office Manager / Bookkeeper for Purple Star MD. The Office Manager is a new full-time position at Purple Star MD. The position is comprised of accounting and administrative support functions. This is the lead accounting role in the organization. The office manager ensures that all financial transactions are entered into Quickbooks and have been processed according to the Financial guidelines approved by the board. This position also ensures timely, accurate, processing of payroll. General administrative tasks include managing paper flow for hiring, front desk management, and in other support tasks as needed. General administrative duties include office management and support. Occasional evenings and weekend work is required.
Bookkeeping Job Duties/Responsibilities
- 1. Process accounts payable and receivable including: enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders, ensuring compliance.
- a. Process payments, deposits, and post into the system
- b. Reconcile checking, savings, customer and vendor accounts
- c. Set up and maintain financial records in paper and cloud-based file systems
- d. Make journal entries under direction of third party accountant
- 2. Process payroll/timesheets and make sure that all staff are correctly returning timesheets and that the reports are compliant with California labor code.
- 3. Maintain confidentiality regarding organization’s financial and personnel information
- 4. Assist in preparation of support work for audits.
- 5. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for review by external third party. And in time for monthly financial review by Finance Committee.
- 1. Oversees the smooth operations of all Purple Star’s office/administrative functions, including securing and monitoring office supplies inventories, and keeping track of Purple Star’s log-in credentials.
- 2. Interfaces and collaborates with IT support personnel.
- 3. Collaborates with administrative director to ensure the implementation of all policies and procedures for new hire and terminating (non-instructor) employees, including securing relevant background checks, creating hard-copy and digital employee records, and ensuring all employee records are held in a secure, confidential location.
- 4. Establish and maintain effective filing systems (both digital and physical).
- 6. Establish and maintain inventory of all office supplies, and a regular method of ordering, distributing and paying for all supplies.
- 8. Assist executive director and director of administration in preparation of board reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1. Quick Books Pro experience (minimum 2 years)
- 2. Payroll processing experience (minimum 2 years)
- 3. Proficient use of
- a. Microsoft Office products including Word (including the use of tables), Excel, and Outlook;
- b. Adobe Pro including converting other types of documents into .pdf, compiling .pdf documents; paginating and searching .pdf documents.
- c. Cloud-based computing solutions.
- d. Effective communications skills (orally and in writing) in English. Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- 4. Strong organizational skills.
- 5. Ability to work effectively in a face-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with Purple Star team members.
- 6. Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment.
Education and Experience
- Two to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a bookkeeping and administration position.
- 1. A bachelor’s degree in a business field.
- 2. Bilingual in Spanish.
- 3. Nonprofit experience
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment