$75,000 – $82,000/year
M-F, primarily during standard business hours
Compass’ Rapid Rehousing programs (collectively called SF HOME) help homeless and at-risk families find, stabilize, and maintain their housing. Families in the program receive intensive housing search support, financial assistance with move-in costs and rent, and long-term case management to support them to stabilize their housing and achieve economic self-sufficiency and family well-being.
The Program Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the services provided by Compass’ city-funded Rapid Rehousing programs, as well as our Aftercare component. The Director oversees a team of case managers, manages an annual budget of over $500,000, and represents Compass SF HOME both internally and in the larger community. Specific duties include the following:
- Provide direct supervision and support to SF HOME-general fund/after care team members. This includes hiring, onboarding, training and professional development, evaluation, and ongoing supervision.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of SF General Fund Rapid Rehousing Programs and Aftercare services, including ensuring that programs are on target to meet organizational and funder goals and requirements, and that program rules are implemented fairly and consistently.
- Assign new clients, manage caseloads, and strategize with case managers around challenging situations.
- Oversee the work schedules of case managers, including time in the field and on home visits.
- Ensure that all clients feel strongly supported and receive high quality services at intake, during program enrollment, and at and after program exit. Step in to support both case managers and clients when difficult situations arise and when staff members are absent.
- Collaborate with Impact + Learning team to monitor data quality for the program, and to utilize data to set program goals and engage in continuous improvement.
- Manage referrals, program rosters and data entry using the SF One System
- Collaborate with Finance department to construct annual budgets and oversee the responsible implementation of budget. Monitor subsidy spending and review budget projections to ensure that funds are fully expended over the course of each year.
- Collaborate with Development team to complete grant applications for new and ongoing funding of Rapid Rehousing programs.
- Collaborate with the SF Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing and other homeless service providers around policy and program changes, advocacy, and funding.
- Represent the agency to the community, outside agencies, service provider groups, committees and funders.
- Significant experience in homeless services or a closely related field, including experience providing direct support to low income individuals or families, required.
- At least 2 years of experience supervising staff as a program manager or director, required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Deep understanding of trauma and how to implement trauma-informed practices within a housing-focused program.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and mathematical calculations to determine subsidy amounts and project program spending.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Deep commitment to and demonstrated success discussing, integrating, and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout a complex and dynamic organization.
- Experience managing government contracts is desirable.
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable.