Job Title: Program Manager (Technology)-EXEMPT
Reports to: TBD
Salary Range (DOE): $60,000-$65,000 annually
Location: Oakland Family and Career Center
The Success Centers is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges, who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then, Success Centers has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. Success Centers envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The (Technology) Program Manager is responsible for managing the day to day functions of Success Centers technology programs. This position provides guidance in program implementation, data management, reporting, evaluation and staff supervision. S/he will develop a menu of services to support the development of participants in technology and assist in providing job readiness/placement services in Bay Area businesses (Alameda County, San Mateo, San Francisco, etc).
- Excellent supervision and people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in technology development preferred, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Proven effectiveness in building relationships with employers and in working collaboratively with community partners
- Knowledge of the Technology community preferred
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Success Centers mission
Job Tasks – Specific responsibilities include:
- Create an environment that fosters successful teamwork in delivering program services
- Provide direct supervision of Code of Point program participants
- Supervise management and staff and provide project management guidance and support
- Ensure that all activities of the program are conducted in accordance with Success Centers personnel policies
- Ensure compliance with expectations in grants and contracts
- Provide supervision of program activities
- Monitor ongoing performance and identify and recommend improvements
- Assist in identifying key community stakeholders including local businesses, program participants, community leaders, and community partners
- Conduct outreach to the technology community through participation in business networks, meetings with individual business leaders, community events, and related activities to cultivate employers for employment placements
- Develop a menu of services to be provided to participants and employers
- Recruit employers to develop incentives for program participants including on the job training
- Create, support, and/or maintain an “Employer Database,” which identifies key employer contacts, industries, or sectors and job seeker placements with identified employers
- Monthly reporting in grantor’s database
- Implement new procedures and processes for improvement and efficiency
- Analyze data and reports to develop evaluations and performance strategies
- Train and orientate new staff as needed
- Outline, organize, and create a timeline for program goals and benchmarks
- Communicate with senior management, executives, and senior leadership on progress’ prepare reports and presentations as needed
- Write grants and/or contribute content to generate competitive proposals in response to government RFPs
- Develop strategies for synchronous and asynchronous instruction to maximize the effectiveness of instruction and programmatic outcomes
- Prepare long-term and short-term goals according to program objectives
- Build a financial budget and operating budget for developing programs
- Apply cross-functional technical knowledge to map, coordinate and build a technology training continuum for ages 16+
- Coordinate and Develop curriculum on a LMS platform (canvas)
- Forge strong relationships with Technology companies to develop volunteer pipelines, employment pipelines (internships, work-based learning opportunities), and advocacy groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of experience
- Current Career Development Facilitation (CDF) certification required or completed within the first six months in the position
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation.