Job Title: Program Monitor (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Program Monitor is responsible for monitoring the activities of residents of the shelter/center and to ensure compliance with program rules and expectations. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the safety of residents and the security and sanitation of the program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to ensure a safe, secure and efficient facility and program 24 hours a day.
• Ability to ensure safety of clients and staff in fire and other emergencies.
• Ability to ensure clients compliance with agency policy and rules.
• Ability to encourage the clients successful move to stable housing.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist clients, within limits, in processing issues and problem-solving.
• Monitor medication and consumption log in accordance to the medication policy of the program.
• Consult with direct supervisor or supervisor on-duty regarding client’s personal
needs, behavior and service planning.
• Check for contraband in facility through general observation, room or package/purse searches per the search, contraband, and weapons protocols.
• Follow breathalyzer/urinalysis policy as necessary.
• Supervise program activities and other programming for clients.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings as directed.
• Maintain visitor protocol and follow daily log procedures.
• Follow appropriate critical incident protocol and accompanying documentation.
• Maintain a comprehensive and accurate written record of events that occur during shifts, as well as thorough incident reports.
• Maintain client sign-in/out log as well as all other logbooks and records.
• Collect data using the agency database.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the facility and grounds through periodic rounds to ensure security of facility.
• Enforce periodic fire drills and perform other safety duties as directed to ensure safety of clients, including implementing emergency evacuation protocol.
• Answer telephone and route calls or messages to appropriate staff. Respond to in-person and telephone inquiries from the public.
• Perform other duties assigned.
• Effective Communication skills.
• Previous experience a plus, but not required.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Must be able to access and navigate all areas of agency.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
• May be required work in excessive heat and cold in association with the kitchen environment.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Harold Atkins at email@example.com