Retail Sales – Medithrive
Medithrive is a historic (there has been a dispensary in this location since 1996!), high-end, “Recreational” cannabis storefront and delivery services based in “The Mission District” of San Francisco.
We curate, partner with, and carry many the most innovative and exciting cannabis brands in the industry. Being a standalone operator (and not a corporate player) our employees are actually “True Team Members” who get to wear many different hats and honestly learn as much as possible about this exciting and newly emerging industry.
Many of our previous employees moved on to elevated positions both within our company and with other brands in this industry. While the primary job description focuses on retail sales, you will both be able to and expected to work many of the other job positions including, in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory associate.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A DISPENSARY! If you are interested in entering this exciting and newly emerging industry this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to learn the operations of a dispensary in its entirety ! We are happy to hire seasoned cannabis industry veterans but equally excited to bring on passionate, driven and professional rookies.
Below is an honest description of who we are looking for; please read it and if you see yourself in the description PLEASE APPLY!!! If you have previous experience working in the luxury retail environment we want to talk to you. And if you are serious about learning and growing within this exciting new industry, we want to talk to you.
Our goal is to provide a professional work environment where our team members are consistently challenged and encouraged to grow professionally as well as personally.
An ideal candidate is extremely self-motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and team-oriented. If during a busy shift all you can think about doing is taking a break or hiding in the back of the house this is not the place for you! This is a retail environment where you are expected to consistently engage with clients so you must be extraverted, polite, extremely customer service oriented and proactive about identifying patron needs and helping them solve them. This requires MASTERING our menu and product offering and coming from a place of contribution to best serve our clients.
Candidates MUST have previous experience working in a customer oriented retail environment with a strong brand and team culture such as Nordstrom’s, Neiman Marcus, Zara, Banana Republic, Prada, Burke Williams, Massage Envy, Bliss, Whole Foods Market, Starbucks etc. Cannabis knowledge and appreciation is preferred but not required.
- Welcome, greet and interact with clients with a smile, upbeat positive attitude, and a demeanor that communicates that you are there to help them achieve their cannabis goals
- Recommend, select, and help locate the proper products for clients depending on their individual needs
- Educate them about the different types of products, strains, and their respective effects that will bring about the desired outcomes
- Ensure that distribution processes and security protocol is strictly adhered to so that clients and staff are safe and protected
- Scrupulously maintain a clean, efficient, and well-kept work environment on the sales floor and back office at all times; this involves dusting, glass cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, and sanitation
- Ensure that all products are stocked
- Perform tasks on opening/closing checklist
- Perform other related work as required
- Assist as in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory associate when needed
- Pass out fliers when needed
- Clean store when its your turn
- Minimum of 2 year HIGH-END retail experience in sales or front desk previous experience and ease with using a cloud based POS system IS REQUIRED!
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid California ID
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills for Point of Sale (POS) system and proficiency with cash handling
- Must be available to work evenings (until 10:30 PM), weekends, and (some) holidays.
- Interested in Cannabis and related products
- Must have the ability to stand and walk around the retail floor for entire shift, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and proficiency in other languages a plus
- Must have professional appearance and be able to interact with different personalities
- Must be a highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player who is a solution based thinker
- Must submit and pass a Department of Criminal Justice criminal background check
- Must be computer friendly – Microsoft Word/Excel experience a major plus
Medithrive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.