- Competitive hourly wage
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Semi-annual reviews
- Employee discounts
- On-going Training
- Opportunity to grow with our expanding business
Urbana is one of California’s leading cannabis dispensary brands with two award-winning locations in San Francisco and exciting expansion plans.
Since first opening in 2016, Urbana has continually transformed how customers shop for and enjoy cannabis with a modern retail experience that appeals to everyone. Women, seniors and cannabis connoisseurs voted us one of the most beautiful cannabis dispensaries in America, a top-10 dispensary in Northern California and “One of the best dispensaries to visit with your Mom” (which says a lot about our service and style).
The Urbana team is composed of exceptional personalities from the cannabis, retail, and hospitality industries seeking a progressive workplace that is committed to each guest visit being special.
If you love working in an energized retail setting and have a creative and compassionate streak, you’ll thrive at Urbana and enjoy the excitement of an industry that is all about making people feel great.
- Managing all shift activity on the sales floor for a team of 10-30
- Promptly and professionally handling customer service requests
- Counting cash drawers for accuracy
- Performing opening and closing checklists and reports
- Keeping store shelves properly stocked and merchandised
- Assisting with in-store promotions
- Monitoring the store for loss prevention and cannabis compliance requirements (training provided)
- Cannabis industry experience is NOT a requirement but will move candidates to priority consideration
- Minimum 2 years of experience in retail, hospitality, lodging or front-line customer service
- Age 21 or over
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing to work long days and weekends with a flexible work schedule
- Experience with retail point of sale systems and cash handling
- Must be computer friendly–Microsoft Word/Excel experience a big plus
- Strong communication skills
- A sincere interest in learning about cannabis and the industry, and inspiring the team to do the same
- Professional and personable
- Positive, can-do attitude, solution-based thinker, organized and results-driven
- Team player, willing to do everything to support your co-workers and customers
- A genuine interest in helping people
Recruiting and employment services for Urbana are provided by Good Living Services, Inc. A routine background check on all applicants after making a conditional offer of employment. Benefits are subject to change and employer-sponsored insurance benefits are offered to full-time employees that have met the waiting period requirements of each applicable insurance carrier. We proudly support the San Francisco Equity Program. If you meet the criteria as an equity applicant at http://www.officeofcannabis.sfgov.org, please inform us in your cover letter for priority processing.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Urbana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records