Security Customer Care Associate
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life & 401K)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Discounts
- Commuter Benefits (partially company sponsored)
About The Apothecarium
The Apothecarium, founded in 2011, is a full-service medical and recreational cannabis dispensary with three California locations in San Francisco, and new dispensaries in Berkeley and Capitola opening in 2020. Las Vegas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are also home to The Apothecarium dispensaries.
The Apothecarium prides itself on giving customers access to a wide variety of appropriately priced cannabis products in a safe, well-appointed setting. Recognizing that consumers need accurate, trusted and helpful cannabis information, The Apothecarium prioritizes customer service and cannabis education. We believe in, invest in, and deliver, skilled and trained cannabis consultations and consumer experiences that enhance and enrich our customers’ lives and wellness. Currently, The Apothecarium services the greater Bay Area through brick-and-mortar retail, online pre-ordering and home delivery.
Work Environment & Culture
The Apothecarium has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our team members are always challenged to grow personally and professionally. Our company is determinedly progressive, creative and intelligent. We nurture these qualities by employing people who share our passion for medical and recreational cannabis, innovation, and active participation in the communities we serve.
Our company culture is unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, compassion, and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring diverse life experiences and inspired ideas to our work and neighbors who count on us. We raise our bar high at The Apothecarium to set the example of what a cannabis dispensary should be.
About This Role
Security Customer Care Associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for our employees and customers by actively monitoring the premises to detect and prevent theft or violence. In addition, this role will provide excellent customer service and assist in verifying, identifying and checking in members. Security Customer Care associates will maintain cleanliness throughout the facility and outside the premises while on duty.
- BSIS Issued California Guard Card
- At least 1-year experience as a security guard or other relevant position
- Basic computer and information technology skills
- Knowledge of public safety and security procedures
- Professional appearance and reliable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor premises and maintain a safe and secure environment
- Respond quickly to de-escalate situations
- Maintain presence to deter theft and violence
- Provide excellent customer service
- Verify IDs and assist in the check-in process
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and some holidays to meet the needs of the business
- Applicants may be required to take a background check after a conditional offer is made. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Perform other related work as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employees work in a busy retail store with moderate to high noise levels.
- Stand constantly
- Walk frequently
- Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
The Apothecarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Apothecarium is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please visit our careers page at: