San Francisco - CA
Posted 2 weeks ago
Employer-paid medical insurance including Dental and Vision
Employee discount on all product.
We are seeking outgoing and dynamic individuals with exceptional customer service skills. We are currently seeking both Part-time and Full-time positions. Prior retail experience in a high-end or specialty retail store, a plus. MUST BE licensed by BSIS!!!
The safety host is responsible for providing a friendly, knowledgeable and easily identifiable uniformed presence. The initial point of contact for all customers, distributors, service providers and official/law enforcement agencies. You will be responsible for ensuring that all staff and customers are complying with dispensary policies and state laws and must always be vigilant of the activity occurring inside and outside the dispensary.
- Maintain high level of customer service at all times.
- Greet customers, service providers, distributors, staff and community representatives in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Monitor and authorize customer flow entry and/or exit of facility.
- Check person(s) entering the building for a valid ID.
- Assist with member registration, as requested.
- Observe and keep control of primary entry door.
- Observe, identify and report events which may include criminal and/or nuisance activity, unsafe or dangerous conditions, fire and life safety hazards and other site related events to manager.
- Explain and enforce laws, city ordinances, Code of Conduct, and/or regulations to all visitors and/or staff.
- Complete incident reports and log books daily.
- Communicate over radio and coordinate other activities.
- Maintain cleanliness of outside areas at all times, including removing debris and completing opening/closing checklists.
- Complete closing janitorial procedures.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Perform other related work as required.
Typical Physical Demands:
Work requires prolonged sitting and/or standing up to six (6) hours, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a radio and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical Working Conditions:
The majority of the work is performed standing/sitting outside, directly in front of the store. The street tends to be loud and ‘Colorful/lively, the temperature at times fluctuates between cold, hot, and windy days but the position ‘IS’ outside similar to a security guard at a bar, so if that’s a problem this is not the position for you. This job involves frequent contact with staff and the public. You must have a strong comfort level to interact with members and co-workers. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult people. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
- Ability to deescalate situations calmly and professionally.
- Ability to understand and follow organization’s policies, procedures, safety and emergency rules, plans and procedures.
- Ability to handle routine and stressful situations.
- Ability to work with others including local police, staff, and/or property management personnel.
- Ability to communicate on radio and coordinate others’ activities.
- Ability to work without immediate, direct supervision.
- High level of organization, patience and flexibility.
- Professional appearance.
- Reliable and ‘ON TIME’ attendance.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) at the minimum .
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker highly desirable. Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.