Job Title: Security Guard (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a
vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Security Guard will protect people and property from possible criminal activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent observational skills and attention to detail.
• Authoritative verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to learn the layout of the property and buildings.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Patrols and monitors safety of guest and staff in assigned area.
• Deescalate confrontation, irate persons.
• Reports suspicious and inappropriate activities to Manager of the Day.
• Monitors surveillance cameras, inspects property, and monitors crowds.
• After business hours, checks doors, windows, and gates to ensure the property is secure.
• Investigates reports of suspicious activity on the property.
• Reasonably detains persons suspected of criminal activity until law enforcement arrives.
• Escorts discharged staff, trespassers, and other unwelcome parties off the premises.
• Contacts law enforcement or fire department in case of an emergency.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Effective Communication skills.
• Take detailed notes for logs and incident reports.
• Security guard training certification preferred.
• First Aid and CPR certified or obtain within the first 60 days of employment.
• Previous experience a plus, but not required.
• Ability to patrol the property and access areas quickly.
• Physically able to capture and detain individuals if necessary.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and monitoring surveillance equipment.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information on this position, please contact Loria Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or Patricia Tu at email@example.com.