Caliva San Carlos, CA
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Senior Wellness Consultant is a supervisory role whose primary function is sales floor and team support. You will maintain the best customer experience by engaging customers, ensuring they are cared for, servicing their needs, and treating them with the utmost respect. The Senior Wellness Consultant is responsible for modeling, mentoring, and coaching the behavior to other Wellness Consultants and team members. With deep knowledge and strong passion for the Caliva brand and products, you are able to offer information about the variety of products while driving sales and achieving revenue and store goals.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by creating a welcoming environment.
- Set the tone on the sales floor: acknowledge and service customers with a welcoming and informative disposition.
- Provide customer assistance regarding our products by recommending products most appropriate for their needs.
- Lead by example at all times, provide guidance, motivate and inspire the team.
- Drive positive employee relations and deliver sustainable results through being a positive role model.
- Supervise the team to guarantee that all policies and procedures are being followed and delegate projects and tasks as needed.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and organizational standards inside and out.
- Keep display cases and store fixtures clean and ensure all product is fully represented and organized.
- Support the store experience by performing various operational tasks as needed.
- Ensure the sales floor is running efficiently during leader-on-duty shifts, resolve any customer concerns that arise, manage employee breaks, and clearly communicate current objectives to the team.
- Communicate effectively with all store leaders and team members and ask for assistance when needed.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as scheduled and ensure all checklists and associated paperwork is accurately completed.
- Be a Caliva expert by remaining educated on new and existing products and promotions.
- Accountable for driving and achieving established revenue goals and staying informed of daily store goals and committing to making a positive contribution.
- Be an active participant in weekly leadership meetings – provide suggestions.
- Maintain awareness of KPIs and make appropriate decisions that drive service, customer retention and sales goals.
- Hire and train employees by applying high standards for selection and continued performance.
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and communication.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- 1-2 years of retail leadership or customer service-related experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possess an interest in and strong passion for plant-based solutions.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with retail software and databases.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.