SHIFT SUPERVISOR – TAY NAVIGATION CENTER
3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a community-based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety and development. 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic also manages a number of successful Transitional Age Youth (TAY) housing stabilization programs and one of the city’s few Youth Access Points.
In an exciting new venture, 3rd Street has partnered with Success Centers to operate the Lower Polk Transition Age Navigation Center located at 888 Post Street. The Navigation Center provides a safe and affirming place for TAY and services to stabilize and achieve their housing goals. The Navigation Center systems of support work in concert to assist TAY residents with public benefits, health services, problem- solving, and housing, as available. The Navigation Center model is a low barrier, harm reduction model.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position provides a full range of direct services to clients. Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the Shift Supervisor manages the operation of the Navigation Center, which provides case management services, meals and temporary housing to unhoused TAY during assessment and transition to other services. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of 3rd Street Youth Center & the Navigation Center. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff overseeing activities in the Navigation Center ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
• Provide leadership to staff. Supervision of staff, including coaching, evaluating, staff development and training.
• Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach. Consult with staff as necessary and provide guidance.
• Promptly and effectively address critical and emergency situations. Use problem solving for difficult issues and situations. Communicate critical issues to all appropriate supervisors and team leaders.
• Be accessible for emergencies and back-up for other shifts when needed. Requires some additional hours for meetings and trainings.
• Comply with all Homelessness and Supportive Housing contractual requirements and maintain records for quality assurance and reporting.
• Complete and submit daily shift reports to the Site Manager at the end of every shift.
• Oversight of access to and security of the storage facility.
• Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the operation to the Site Manager.
• Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for staff.
• Review and approve all Program Monitor timesheets on a weekly basis.
• Review and process holiday and vacation request forms.
• Attend weekly meetings with Site Manager.
• Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Oversee the implementation of all Navigation Center policies and procedures.
• Oversee maintenance and cleanliness of the Navigation Center.
• Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements
• Perform other duties assigned
• Two years of experience working with the diversity of the homeless population, particularly with unhoused persons living on the streets of San Francisco.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Word.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to lead and motivate staff.
• Ability to learn new software and other skills as needed.
• Experience in working with people who are navigating mental illness or substance abuse preferred.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure while maintaining
• Ability to maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Commitment to the mission of 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic.
• Four-year degree in Social Services or related field.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
IMPORTANT POSITION DETAILS & COMPENSATION:
• This is a 40 hours FTE exempt position. The salary maximum is $65,000, DOE, with a competitive benefits package.
• This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification. Upon hire obtain negative result of TB test and fingerprint via live scan system.
• Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.
The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to Sakeenah El-Amin at email@example.com or submit them in the form below.