Warehouse Associate $17/hour w/ benefits! (Forklift Mandatory)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA /OPERATIONS /FULL-TIME
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Our Warehouse Associate (Receiving & Inventory) is responsible for the receiving, storage, and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops; as well as all duties necessary for the successful fulfillment of our customer’s orders and warehouse operations. The Warehouse Associate works independently or in a team to provide receiving, warehousing, and inventory services. The Warehouse Associate will be a cross-functional team member with the ability to work in all areas of the warehouse. Pay rate is $17 an hour.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocking, organizing, counting and distributing product throughout the warehouse
- Move pallets to designated areas, working with forklift operators to facilitate efficient storage of the product.
- Report any potential safety hazards or repair needs to supervisor or management
- Select orders for customers, paying attention to accuracy in count and quality.
- Keep the assigned area clean and in good order.
- Assist in collecting trash, sweeping, floors, or other housekeeping duties
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the warehouse pack area, lines, and produce crates in preparation for produce sorting.
- May be required to train new employees
- Other responsibilities as needed to support warehouse operations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- You can read and write English
- Basic math skills
- You’re able to stay focused and work efficiently both alone and as part of a team
- You’re familiar with a warehouse environment
- You’re able to lift 50 lbs and work standing for 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment (38°F)
- Order selecting experience preferred
- Certification in forklift operation preferred, but not required
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position
- Permanent, full-time position $17 an hour
- Shifts vary:
- 3am to 11:30am Mon to Friday or Sun to Thurs
- 1pm to 9:30pm Sun to Thurs
- 6:30am to 3pm Tues to Saturday
- The position is based out of our warehouse in San Francisco, CA
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Ability to work in both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Able to walk, stand, bend, squat/stoop, climb, reach, crouch, and kneel throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/ or packages weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly or continuously over time
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.