Youth Program Director
Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job–we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues.
The Y’s cause is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. To fulfill this promise, the Y requires strong cause-driven leadership to effect lasting personal and social change in our organization’s three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This means our leaders are committed to nurturing the unique potential of each child, promoting holistic healthy living for all ages, and fostering a sense of social responsibility and connectedness.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Youth Development the Youth Program Director is responsible for the supervision, operation, development, and implementation of Peninsula YMCA youth programs in the Daly City and San Bruno school district(s). These programs include out-of-school time day camp, summer day camp, afterschool programs, and Power Scholar Academy. This role directly supervises various levels of staff in the youth programs, including Site Coordinators and Program Leaders. As a member of the management team, the Youth Program Director will also engage actively in our Annual Giving Campaign by recruiting and supporting volunteers and being accountable to a department campaign goal. The Youth Program Director will represent the Peninsula Y in the community, acting as liaison to several entities, both public and private to support the overall mission of the Peninsula Y.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is required
- 21 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Available Monday-Friday, some weekends
- 3+ years of elementary school program experience including supervisory responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and verbal/written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be available Monday through Friday and be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- TB test clearance
- First Aid, CPR and AED certified (may complete upon hire)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- YMCA youth development experience
- Budget management experience
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin