Job Description Summary
The Wellness Guide will provide an excellent customer experience while assisting in the sales of cannabis products.
About the Job:
- Consistently delivers the ultimate patient/customer experience in all facets from patient or customer entry to exit; ensure each customer receives full attention during their transaction
- Maintain proper cash handling procedures at all times
- Ensure POS counters are ready to go when dispensary opens
- Assist with running side work, stocking and cleaning during all downtime
- Maintain fully stocked and clean POS counters at all times
- Ensure opening and closing cleaning and organization is completed
- Participate in periodic staff cleanings and meetings
- Adhere to company SOP’s
- Ensure all guests are greeted as they arrive and when they depart
- Inform management if any product inventory is running low
- Be on time and ready to work for each and every shift
- Be knowledgeable about everything and anything cannabis related
- Be knowledgeable of all specials
- Read industry publications to keep up-to-date on trends
All the job functions listed within this job description involve to greater and lesser degrees the following physical demands: stand for long periods of time, walk or run for long periods of time, use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, understand the speech of another person, speak clearly so listeners can understand, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, work non-standard and/or weekend hours, have a high level of contact with customers and coworkers, communicate with customers and coworkers daily by telephone and/or in person, work in a group or as part of a team, work indoors without natural light.
Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age. Will conduct a background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Dispensary sales experience preferred
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Retail Sales: 2 year
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, edibles, extracts and other current products on the market
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Precise Math Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Multi-task Oriented
- Stress Management/Composure
Pay Rate: $19.00 per hour
The role of the Receiver (Intaker) is to receive and stock product deliveries while helping maintain inventory accuracy. All sellable products are entered into inventory, labeled, and tracked by the intake team. Intakers are expected to keep inventory organized and separated by batch for accurate selling and tracking. Efficiency, urgency and attention to detail will be key in this role to prevent loss and ensure accuracy and timeliness. They will be responsible for meeting production and packaging goals, exceeding quality control standards, product reconciliations and working effectively as a member of our team.
- Reviews daily opening/closing SOP
- Fulfills orders, and works with Retail Managers to refresh displays and flower on display.
- Adheres to compliance as per BCC and store policy.
- Assist with inventory reconciliation (to be done in daily increments)
- Ensuring 100% compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using labeling devices.
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the processing room/vault.
- Receiving all product deliveries
- Full knowledge and tracking of available inventory and its location.
- Clear communication of available inventory.
- Maintain vault organization, inventory rotation (fifo) to match batch order in Blaze
- Understand and utilize Metrc, Blaze, Command Center, ASANA
- 1-2 years of experience in cannabis, specifically in inventory.
- Exceptional continuous improvement process skills in direct and indirect areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Blaze App or similar inventory tools and processes.
- Physical requirements: climbing, standing, stooping, or typing.
- Ability to work with a team
- Detail Oriented
- Be willing to submit to a background check.
Retail Inventory Associates are responsible for day to day inventory management at the retail storefront. They ensure inventory counts and shipments are accurate. They assist Inventory Manager in verification and receiving product shipments and in the organization of products within storage and on sales floor. They also ensure products are received within California Track and Trace system (METRC) and POS system, and have appropriate labels before being transferred to sales floor.
- Responsible for barcoding all new inventory in Point of Sale system
- Auditing the physical inventory to ensure that the physical inventory aligns precisely with the virtual inventory numbers
- Help with daily/weekly cycle counts and inventory evaluation and verification procedures
- Provide timely notice to Inventory Manager if discrepancies are found, so that they may be fully investigated
- Research inventory variances and adjustments
- Work with Inventory Manager/Lead to maintain an accurate account of non-stock and unavailable inventory
- Implementation of cannabis waste procedures and schedule
- Create a calendar of all upcoming expired products
- Maintain a list of all quarantined product
- Inventory experience in a retail environment
- Must be 21 years or older
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- METRC or similar cannabis seed-to-sale tracking software experience (preferred)
Skills and Attitudes:
- This position requires the ability to:
- Quickly learn and master new skills
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Perform all job functions with high attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work both independently and cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge skill and ability to upload position
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by STIIIZY and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company’s full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression
Certain staff members may be required to meet special dress, grooming, and hygiene standards, such as wearing uniforms or protective clothing, depending on the nature of their job. Uniforms and protective clothing may be required for certain positions and will be provided to employees by Shryne Group, Inc.
At the discretion of the department head, in special circumstances, such as during unusually hot or cold weather or during special occasions, staff members may be permitted to dress in a more casual fashion than is normally required. On these occasions, staff members are still expected to present a neat appearance and are not permitted to wear ripped, frayed or disheveled clothing. Likewise, tight, revealing, bare midriffs or otherwise the workplace-inappropriate dress is not permitted.
Reasonable accommodation of religious beliefs:
Shryne recognizes the importance of individually held religious beliefs to persons within its workforce. Shryne Group, Inc. will reasonably accommodate a staff member’s religious beliefs in terms of workplace attire unless the accommodation creates an undue hardship. Accommodation of religious beliefs in terms of attire may be difficult in light of safety issues for staff members. Those requesting a workplace attire accommodation based on religious beliefs should be referred to the human resources department.
BUDTENDER / RECEPTIONIST – $17.50 an hour – Part-time
STIIIZY/Shryne Group, Inc. – San Francisco, CA
If you are interested in engaging consumers, promoting brand awareness, and driving product sales for a leading cannabis brand, then we have the perfect position for you. We are now accepting resumes for Budtender, and Receptionist positions!
- Provide exceptional customer service and offer positive resolutions to challenges from customers
- Greet and educate customers on various cannabis products and consumption methods
- Answer phones and accurately operate computer systems
- Generate sales through customer interaction, product assistance, and suggestive selling
- Educate new clientele on the different effects of cannabis
- Prevent asset loss through proper floor awareness
- Execute attention to detail by performing counter transactions without errors or shortages
- Adhere to store visual directives, maintenance standards, and cleanliness standards
- Consistently exemplify a teamwork attitude with management and coworkers to improve personal and store performance
- Communicate effectively with management and coworkers concerning business issues and opportunities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment
- Support the Store Management team in driving and maximizing store sales, controlling and minimizing shrink to achieve store goals
- Assist other staff members or managers with daily tasks, cleaning, restocking, packaging, labeling, etc.
- Prepare, store, label, and distribute cannabis in a safe, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures and state law.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum age of 21 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail or customer service experience required
- Basic knowledge of the cannabis industry and laws and regulations as they pertain to the local and state levels.
- Outgoing personality; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn procedures and acquire product knowledge
- Task-oriented with the ability to finish assigned projects
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Attention to detail
- Must be dependable and arrive to work for all scheduled shifts on time and prepared
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to pass a background check-update
- Has excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and conscientious when working. Small mistakes can be costly in this industry.
- Integrity and clean work appearance
- Ability to work nights and weekends (Store hours are from 6 am – 10 pm, 7 days a week)
Hours per week: 20-29
Pay frequency: Monthly
Paid Training Included
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.
at Caliva San Jose, CA
This is an “Evergreen” position which means it is continuously posted and we are always accepting applications.
We may not be actively hiring for this role at the time you apply so, we sincerely appreciate your patience as we update you via email regarding your application status.
The Inventory Control Specialist 1 – Retail/Wholesale is responsible for organizing, labelling, positioning and maintaining inventory at the assigned Inventory Location. In addition, the job responsibilities include ensuring inventory accuracy and availability using audit and cycle count techniques such that correct quantities are present in the Caliva IT systems.
What You’ll Do
- Appropriately label the product for placement in the Inventory Location
- Receive the Product and place it at designated locations in the warehouse/retail location
- Ensure that the information is Caliva IT systems reflects actual physical product inventory
- Packaging product Units/Cases in boxes and making them ready for movement within the premises or shipment outside the premises for distribution
- Performs cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and locations.
- Maintain Inventory Logs to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Flags inventory discrepancies of under/over amounts and/or QC discrepancies to direct supervisor.
- Maintain organization of inventory by ensuring material/product is in the correct location; conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Stage/Pick inventory for all outgoing orders and assists in put away process for finished goods.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to prevent errors.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 1 -2 years related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to internal stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility or at a retail location with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts. Must be able to travel to other locations to receive training or support inventory needs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, bend, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.