at Caliva San Jose, CA
This is an “Evergreen” position which means it is continuously posted and we are always accepting applications.
We may not be actively hiring for this role at the time you apply so, we sincerely appreciate your patience as we update you via email regarding your application status.
The Inventory Control Specialist 1 – Retail/Wholesale is responsible for organizing, labelling, positioning and maintaining inventory at the assigned Inventory Location. In addition, the job responsibilities include ensuring inventory accuracy and availability using audit and cycle count techniques such that correct quantities are present in the Caliva IT systems.
What You’ll Do
- Appropriately label the product for placement in the Inventory Location
- Receive the Product and place it at designated locations in the warehouse/retail location
- Ensure that the information is Caliva IT systems reflects actual physical product inventory
- Packaging product Units/Cases in boxes and making them ready for movement within the premises or shipment outside the premises for distribution
- Performs cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and locations.
- Maintain Inventory Logs to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Flags inventory discrepancies of under/over amounts and/or QC discrepancies to direct supervisor.
- Maintain organization of inventory by ensuring material/product is in the correct location; conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Stage/Pick inventory for all outgoing orders and assists in put away process for finished goods.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to prevent errors.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 1 -2 years related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to internal stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility or at a retail location with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts. Must be able to travel to other locations to receive training or support inventory needs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, bend, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.