Community Hub Initiative Tutor Intern (Non-Exempt, Part-Time)
Location: EETC-1245 Howard St, San Francisco
Salary Range: $16.50 per hour (This duration of this position is 3-6 months)
Under the supervision of the CHI Coordinator, the CHI Tutor Intern will provide logistical and program support to the Hub participants Monday through Friday from 12.00pm to 4.30pm.
Career Navigator Intern (Non-Exempt, Part-Time)
Location: Oakland Site-2577 MacArthur Blvd. Oakland, CA
Salary Range: $16.50 per hour
The ideal candidate is a Youth (age18-24) looking for professional experience in career development or non-profit work.
- Assist with Employer Spotlights and Job Readiness Training as needed
- Assist with answering phones professionally, checking messages and sending out invites
- Create marketing materials (e.g., flyers, PowerPoint, Google Slides, brochures, toolkits, etc. with Adobe Suite)
- Assist with facility maintenance (clean and replenish supplies)
- Take temperatures of guests and perform COVID-19 safety procedures.
The School Counselor provides individual and group counseling to students in need of additional social-emotional support. School Counselors will work primarily with students on developing and implementing Individual Education Plans and general education needs, including obtaining their GED or High School Diploma. The School Counselor will communicate on-going student progress to parents/guardians, general education teachers, school administration, and other service professionals via progress reporting. This position also connects students to Job Readiness Training and the career pathway services.
The Job Developer will cultivate, grow, and actively maintain lasting partnerships with employers in San Francisco and nearby counties (San Mateo, Alameda). S/he will conduct outreach to area businesses, participate in local business and community networks, and develop a menu of services to support the hiring process in San Francisco Bay Area businesses. S/he will provide assistance to job readiness/placement services.
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with San Francisco and Bay Area businesses to secure ongoing employment opportunities for Success Centers’ participants.
- Generate job leads that match qualifications of Success Centers participants, including warm leads through online job boards and other relevant sources. Actively help identify and manage job announcements for various Success Centers job boards with weekly updates.
- Partner with Career Advisors to actively engage participants in their job placements.
Our board of directors reflects the skills, resources, and stories of our community. Working closely with the staff, board members support our work through abundant acts of advocacy, generosity, and wisdom.
Are you interested in learning more and perhaps becoming part of our hard-working board? Contact us at email@example.com.