Construction Supervisor [Accelerator](Exempt)
The Accelerator Supervisor is responsible for high-level logistics of the daily operations of the program. This position determines work to be done, develop assignments and ensure its completed. S/he will enforce work rules and procedures, setup, approve and track work schedules, overtime, and time off requests. The Accelerator Supervisor also serves as a community liaison to the public.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilizes working knowledge of general laborer, electrical systems, biocontrol and industrial wiring, pip fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, electrical controls and instrumentation to maintain low-income housing properties
- Planning, prioritizing, assigning, supervising, reviewing and participating in all tasks related to facility maintenance and renovation of units
- Direct responsibilities for the oversight and development of the Accelerator Program and Special Projects, as needed
- Direct and manage the site maintenance staff to implement best maintenance practices and provide technical expertise to reduce costs and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability
- Develop maintenance budgets for all areas of responsibility and provide oversight of costs/expenses
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and that all repairs are completed in a professional and quality-like manner
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance crew
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules (work plan) and allocate work
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Responsibly handling emergency situations or after-hours calls for repair and maintenance
- Prepare competitive bids for rehab projects
- Implement basic protocols for rehabbing affordable housing units
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the bids and proposals
- Manage proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all
- phases of proposal development
- Maintain bid calendar and bid status reports
- Compose memos, letters, and other routine correspondence
- Coordinate with staff the accurate and timely recording of project costs, including time sheets, daily reports
- Responsible for handling and maintaining confidential information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to operate basic tools or equipment used in routine janitorial and maintenance functions
- Ability to keep assigned unit(s) clean and orderly
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Ability to learn and utilize technology and technology equipment, as appropriate
- Ability to interact with staff and community, while remaining professional, polite, and courteous
- At least 3-years of related experience
- MC3 certification required (must have or be obtained within 120 days of hire)
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Success Center SF is an equal opportunity employer and values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Salary Range (DOE): $18-$20 per hour. This is a non-exempt position
Deadline to apply: Open until Filled
The Success Centers is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
- The Program Assistant will support all services provided to our programs’ participants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with data systems. Understanding of salesforce platform, other technology systems (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), a plus
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands
- Cultural competency: sensitivity to issues of urban youth culture, ethnicity, immigration status, homelessness, gender, gender identification and sexual orientation
- Ability to manage time, documentation and productivity in an fastpaced environment
- Ability to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary, multicultural team of colleagues
- Passion for working with youth and young adults
- Data entry and data management for the programs
- Intake, file management, documentation
- Documentation acquisition for students, outreach for potential recruiting sites
- Supports operations including assisting communications staff with common spaces and point of-first-contact data entry, completing forms for submission
- Support with front desk activities
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School/GED completed
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation.