Job Description Summary
The Wellness Guide will provide an excellent customer experience while assisting in the sales of cannabis products.
About the Job:
- Consistently delivers the ultimate patient/customer experience in all facets from patient or customer entry to exit; ensure each customer receives full attention during their transaction
- Maintain proper cash handling procedures at all times
- Ensure POS counters are ready to go when dispensary opens
- Assist with running side work, stocking and cleaning during all downtime
- Maintain fully stocked and clean POS counters at all times
- Ensure opening and closing cleaning and organization is completed
- Participate in periodic staff cleanings and meetings
- Adhere to company SOP’s
- Ensure all guests are greeted as they arrive and when they depart
- Inform management if any product inventory is running low
- Be on time and ready to work for each and every shift
- Be knowledgeable about everything and anything cannabis related
- Be knowledgeable of all specials
- Read industry publications to keep up-to-date on trends
All the job functions listed within this job description involve to greater and lesser degrees the following physical demands: stand for long periods of time, walk or run for long periods of time, use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, understand the speech of another person, speak clearly so listeners can understand, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, work non-standard and/or weekend hours, have a high level of contact with customers and coworkers, communicate with customers and coworkers daily by telephone and/or in person, work in a group or as part of a team, work indoors without natural light.
Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age. Will conduct a background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Dispensary sales experience preferred
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Retail Sales: 2 year
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, edibles, extracts and other current products on the market
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Precise Math Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Multi-task Oriented
- Stress Management/Composure
Retail Inventory Associates are responsible for day to day inventory management at the retail storefront. They ensure inventory counts and shipments are accurate. They assist Inventory Manager in verification and receiving product shipments and in the organization of products within storage and on sales floor. They also ensure products are received within California Track and Trace system (METRC) and POS system, and have appropriate labels before being transferred to sales floor.
- Responsible for barcoding all new inventory in Point of Sale system
- Auditing the physical inventory to ensure that the physical inventory aligns precisely with the virtual inventory numbers
- Help with daily/weekly cycle counts and inventory evaluation and verification procedures
- Provide timely notice to Inventory Manager if discrepancies are found, so that they may be fully investigated
- Research inventory variances and adjustments
- Work with Inventory Manager/Lead to maintain an accurate account of non-stock and unavailable inventory
- Implementation of cannabis waste procedures and schedule
- Create a calendar of all upcoming expired products
- Maintain a list of all quarantined product
- Inventory experience in a retail environment
- Must be 21 years or older
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- METRC or similar cannabis seed-to-sale tracking software experience (preferred)
Skills and Attitudes:
- This position requires the ability to:
- Quickly learn and master new skills
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Perform all job functions with high attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work both independently and cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge skill and ability to upload position
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by STIIIZY and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company’s full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression
Certain staff members may be required to meet special dress, grooming, and hygiene standards, such as wearing uniforms or protective clothing, depending on the nature of their job. Uniforms and protective clothing may be required for certain positions and will be provided to employees by Shryne Group, Inc.
At the discretion of the department head, in special circumstances, such as during unusually hot or cold weather or during special occasions, staff members may be permitted to dress in a more casual fashion than is normally required. On these occasions, staff members are still expected to present a neat appearance and are not permitted to wear ripped, frayed or disheveled clothing. Likewise, tight, revealing, bare midriffs or otherwise the workplace-inappropriate dress is not permitted.
Reasonable accommodation of religious beliefs:
Shryne recognizes the importance of individually held religious beliefs to persons within its workforce. Shryne Group, Inc. will reasonably accommodate a staff member’s religious beliefs in terms of workplace attire unless the accommodation creates an undue hardship. Accommodation of religious beliefs in terms of attire may be difficult in light of safety issues for staff members. Those requesting a workplace attire accommodation based on religious beliefs should be referred to the human resources department.
BUDTENDER / RECEPTIONIST – $17.50 an hour – Part-time
STIIIZY/Shryne Group, Inc. – San Francisco, CA
If you are interested in engaging consumers, promoting brand awareness, and driving product sales for a leading cannabis brand, then we have the perfect position for you. We are now accepting resumes for Budtender, and Receptionist positions!
- Provide exceptional customer service and offer positive resolutions to challenges from customers
- Greet and educate customers on various cannabis products and consumption methods
- Answer phones and accurately operate computer systems
- Generate sales through customer interaction, product assistance, and suggestive selling
- Educate new clientele on the different effects of cannabis
- Prevent asset loss through proper floor awareness
- Execute attention to detail by performing counter transactions without errors or shortages
- Adhere to store visual directives, maintenance standards, and cleanliness standards
- Consistently exemplify a teamwork attitude with management and coworkers to improve personal and store performance
- Communicate effectively with management and coworkers concerning business issues and opportunities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment
- Support the Store Management team in driving and maximizing store sales, controlling and minimizing shrink to achieve store goals
- Assist other staff members or managers with daily tasks, cleaning, restocking, packaging, labeling, etc.
- Prepare, store, label, and distribute cannabis in a safe, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures and state law.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum age of 21 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail or customer service experience required
- Basic knowledge of the cannabis industry and laws and regulations as they pertain to the local and state levels.
- Outgoing personality; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn procedures and acquire product knowledge
- Task-oriented with the ability to finish assigned projects
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Attention to detail
- Must be dependable and arrive to work for all scheduled shifts on time and prepared
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to pass a background check-update
- Has excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and conscientious when working. Small mistakes can be costly in this industry.
- Integrity and clean work appearance
- Ability to work nights and weekends (Store hours are from 6 am – 10 pm, 7 days a week)
Hours per week: 20-29
Pay frequency: Monthly
Paid Training Included
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.
Job Title: Program Manager (Technology)-EXEMPT
Reports to: TBD
Salary Range (DOE): $60,000-$65,000 annually
Location: Oakland Family and Career Center
The Success Centers is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges, who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then, Success Centers has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. Success Centers envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The (Technology) Program Manager is responsible for managing the day to day functions of Success Centers technology programs. This position provides guidance in program implementation, data management, reporting, evaluation and staff supervision. S/he will develop a menu of services to support the development of participants in technology and assist in providing job readiness/placement services in Bay Area businesses (Alameda County, San Mateo, San Francisco, etc).
- Excellent supervision and people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in technology development preferred, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Proven effectiveness in building relationships with employers and in working collaboratively with community partners
- Knowledge of the Technology community preferred
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Success Centers mission
Job Tasks – Specific responsibilities include:
- Create an environment that fosters successful teamwork in delivering program services
- Provide direct supervision of Code of Point program participants
- Supervise management and staff and provide project management guidance and support
- Ensure that all activities of the program are conducted in accordance with Success Centers personnel policies
- Ensure compliance with expectations in grants and contracts
- Provide supervision of program activities
- Monitor ongoing performance and identify and recommend improvements
- Assist in identifying key community stakeholders including local businesses, program participants, community leaders, and community partners
- Conduct outreach to the technology community through participation in business networks, meetings with individual business leaders, community events, and related activities to cultivate employers for employment placements
- Develop a menu of services to be provided to participants and employers
- Recruit employers to develop incentives for program participants including on the job training
- Create, support, and/or maintain an “Employer Database,” which identifies key employer contacts, industries, or sectors and job seeker placements with identified employers
- Monthly reporting in grantor’s database
- Implement new procedures and processes for improvement and efficiency
- Analyze data and reports to develop evaluations and performance strategies
- Train and orientate new staff as needed
- Outline, organize, and create a timeline for program goals and benchmarks
- Communicate with senior management, executives, and senior leadership on progress’ prepare reports and presentations as needed
- Write grants and/or contribute content to generate competitive proposals in response to government RFPs
- Develop strategies for synchronous and asynchronous instruction to maximize the effectiveness of instruction and programmatic outcomes
- Prepare long-term and short-term goals according to program objectives
- Build a financial budget and operating budget for developing programs
- Apply cross-functional technical knowledge to map, coordinate and build a technology training continuum for ages 16+
- Coordinate and Develop curriculum on a LMS platform (canvas)
- Forge strong relationships with Technology companies to develop volunteer pipelines, employment pipelines (internships, work-based learning opportunities), and advocacy groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of experience
- Current Career Development Facilitation (CDF) certification required or completed within the first six months in the position
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation.
Job Title: Career Advisor Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Salary Range (DOE): $20.00-$25.00 per hour
The Success Center SF (SCSF) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SCSF has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SCSF envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Career Advisor provides intakes and career assessments, job readiness training, job placement and coaching, and related assistance to eligible adults, seniors, youth and dislocated workers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to access/interpret labor market information
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, and an understanding of client database systems
- Understands the special employment needs of diverse groups. Is able to adapt materials and services to address these needs
- Strong customer service skills
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Success Centers’s mission.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct orientations (individual and group), intakes and career assessments with job-seekers and develop Individual Employment Plans (IEPs) for each participant.
- Coordinate referrals to employers, workforce programs, training opportunities and other placements, and to case managers as needed.
- Provide follow-up job coaching to ensure retention in placements.
- Data Entry – input/submit clients to platforms used by Success Centers,WFC, Salesforce, GMS, CMS, etc.
- Attend monthly Career Advisor meetings to discussed caseloads
- Attend weekly check in with Supervisor
- Attend weekly Job Huddles
- Provide job-readiness training, individually and group, on topics such as resume writing, mock interviewing, etc.
- Facilitate peer support groups for program participants
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation in program logs and client files
- Conduct all activities in accordance with Success Centers and OEWD performance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one-year direct experience in Workforce Development desired
- Extensive experience with employment and job readiness training
- Current Career Development Facilitation (CDF) certification required or completed within the first six months in the position
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Loria Price at email@example.com.
Job Title: Pit Stop Ambassador (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Pit Stop Supervisor
Salary: $17.34-$20.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Pit Stop Ambassador (Monitor) is responsible for general maintenance of assigned unit(s) and surrounding area; as well as to serve as a community liaison to the public.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to operate basic tools or equipment used in routine janitorial functions
- Ability to keep assigned unit(s) clean and orderly
- Ability to learn and utilize technology and technology equipment, as appropriate
- Ability to interact with staff and community, while remaining professional, polite, and courteous
- Job Tasks – Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties at assigned unit
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing public unit
- Sweeping and cleaning the block adjacent to unit
- Oversee safe needle disposal in specially marked bins
- Maintains neat and orderly supply areas
- Collects litter and debris and deposit in designated locations and receptacles
- Assists in examining the facility for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to supervisor
- Maintains a daily log of visitors to assigned unit, their comments/feedback
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Effective Communication skills
- Participate in Success Centers Job Readiness Program
- Obtain at least 2 certificates while employed with the agency
- Prolonged periods standing
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.