Accounting Manager $100,000 per year
Filigreen is seeking a solution oriented, results driven, and highly detailed thinker to help manage our accounting and finance functions. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for implementing and creating new finance and accounting policies and processes in order to continue the company’s rapid growth trajectory. This position reports directly to the Controller.
This role will oversee day-to-day finance and accounting execution, manage inhouse and third-party accounting teams, and work closely with the Controller to provide financial support. The role requires you to be onsite at Filigreen’s San Francisco facility with flexibility to work from home depending on weekly tasks and deadlines, work alongside Sales & Operations to count cash (literally), manage supplier payments, liaise with retail brands and assist with payroll administration. This role will also manage all the finance and accounting for our technology division.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Performing all day-to-day accounting activities, including reconciliation of bank statements, cash management across several entities’ bank accounts, processing of vendor payments and deposits, entry into and maintenance of accounting system
- Develop and manage monthly close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations including accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, corporate credit cards, cash, and the procure-to-pay process
- Prepare preliminary consolidated financials for all company entities in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage and review work of other accountants with responsibilities in the GL, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Coordinating state and federal tax calendar and filings with internal and external teams
- Support internal controls compliance efforts, which includes evaluation, development, implementation, execution, and monitoring of controls and systems.
- Maintaining and organizing accurate reports and company files
- Assisting with special projects impacting the health of the business
You are a natural and proactive problem solver and never let anything fall through the cracks. You are extremely detail oriented and are comfortable navigating ambiguity and balancing priorities. You maintain a friendly and upbeat demeanor and use impeccable discretion with sensitive company and personal information. Your sense of presence, urgency and excellent organizational skills keep you, and therefore the executive team, one step ahead of the game.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business degree; CPA/Masters preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience in software, manufacturing, or logistics
- Prior public accounting experience highly desirable
- Uncompromising integrity and exceptional judgment
- High-potential self-starter with a meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting systems and financial modeling
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to operate with relative independence
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional internal and external teams
- Analytical thinker that can streamline processes and make things more efficient
- Passion to be part of a socially and environmentally conscious company
- Start-up experience preferred but not required; cannabis background not required
Candidates please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below expressing your interest in this opportunity.