COMPENSATION $25/hour + Full Benefits
PROGRAM – 832 Folsom Street Suite 800 San Francisco, CA 94103
WORK SCHEDULE – Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
STATUS – Full-Time
CLASSIFICATION – Non-Exempt
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco’s leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across six sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
Over the last 30+ years, Hamilton Families has become one of the most recognized leaders addressing the rising homelessness challenges in the U.S. With 1 in 30 students in the San Francisco Unified School District experiencing homelessness, Hamilton Families (HF) is leading the City’s efforts to end family homelessness and beginning to develop a regional strategy. Using data to drive our efforts, we focus on impact and long-term solutions to tackle this seemingly
intractable problem. We are implementing a plan to significantly reduce family homelessness in San Francisco by 2020, and in recent years have partnered with organizations such as the Giants, Google, Salesforce, Twitter, Airbnb, government officials and the wider Bay Area community.
Hamilton Families’ work is rooted in a whole-family approach, providing supportive services to children and their parents to alleviate the trauma associated with homelessness and provide the tools and resources necessary to ensure long term financial stability. This methodology addresses the needs of parents and children to ensure that families heal and rebuild their lives together. This dynamic approach helps to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by promoting the well- being of all of the individuals with whom they work.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and program support activities for the Housing Solutions and Real Estate Department as well as other administrative departments within HF. This position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized person with strong interpersonal, administrative, and computer skills. The Administrative Assistant regularly performs tasks including managing office systems, drafting correspondence, assisting staff and participants in the office, and supporting operational projects for the agency. This position is located out of our office at 1000 Broadway in Oakland.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Support leadership in work on initiatives and projects. Appropriately manage sensitive and confidential organization information.
· Oversee calendars and schedules on behalf of organization leadership.
· Assist/Plan/Support appointments, reservations and coordination for program team outings as well as agency all-staff events.
· Support and attend leadership and team meetings as well as participate in trainings and committees as assigned. Provide meeting related materials to attendees. Take and distribute meeting minutes.
· Assist with the gathering of information for organization status reports and dashboards. Support analyses on data related to organizational performance, as needed. Assist Chief of Staff with the gathering of data for board of directors and board committees meeting.
· Participate in program and organization decision making. Work with leadership to implement decisions.
· Serve as a thought partner with leadership and team members on systems and process improvements. Support HF’s
continuous improvement efforts.
· Conduct reception in the office, including directing phone calls, collecting and distributing incoming mail to staff; coordinate deliveries to and from administrative offices. Welcoming guests, and assisting participants.
· Perform office management duties including purchasing and maintaining office supplies, equipment, inventory of office keys inventory for company vehicles, staff badges and door key as well as the overall organization of the office.
· Implement and direct new office systems and environmental needs, as needed.
· Provide a wide variety of skilled administrative support for the Housing Solutions Director, Real Estate Director, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Director of Administration, Chief of Staff and other senior level staff.
· Act as a liaison between Hamilton Families staff and building management, IT support, and other contractors.
· Support monthly receipts and billing processes for high-level staff and projects, providing budgetary support as needed.
· Manage petty cash and submit monthly expenditures report to the fiscal department.
· Maintain clear records and communication with our Fiscal Department.
· Assist with various internal onboarding processes.
· Facilitate coordination between the various Hamilton Families offices, distribute program and organization communications as appropriate.
· Manage transportation systems for staff travel, including Clipper cards, HF vehicles, and BART cards for participants, etc. Support the development department with various task
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two years previous experience in an office management and administrative setting.
· Positive, helpful, and professional attitude.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-motivate; able to address multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
· Essential functions of the position require use of a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal, and the ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds.
· Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.
· Valid CADL and DMV report; able and willing to travel locally as needed required.
Compensation and Benefits
Great benefits: We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA locations. Additionally, HF offers tax deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, bicycle maintenance, and ride sharing services like
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. A role with the HF is great for an individual who is interested in exploring community based nonprofit work, social work, or strategic partnership. We also offer a $1,000 educational stipend to employees each year after one year of service and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees take advantage of generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, education reimbursement, and other great long term benefits!
● Click the blue “APPLY” button above.
● Please attach your resume and a brief letter of interest.
● No faxes or phone calls.
● Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.