Budtender – CA Street Cannabis
Full-Time & Part-Time
As the primary point of customer interaction, Budtenders are expected to exhibit friendly and exceptional customer service. Budtenders are responsible for but not limited to following, up to date news involving cannabis, stocking, and shelving products, selling products through informative and suggestive selling, assisting with daily operations, working well with all staff and management, educating customers on the benefits of various products, assisting in the increase of sales, maintaining a clean and organized work environment, being punctual, and being responsible both while at and near the job site.
Ideally, we are looking for a friendly face and welcoming personality to provide incomparable quality customer service. One must be driven to learn about cannabis and the best practices to increase sales and enhance the overall experience for customers. We need our budtenders to be quick and precise with all tasks given, including handling transactions. Simply put our ideal candidate is approachable, enthusiastic, quick, accurate, and team oriented.
21 years or older
Customer service experience
No experience in cannabis is required but highly recommended
Experience as a team player
Time management/ organizational skills
Experienced in being an attentive and approachable sales representative
Able to make well informed decisions
Easily accessible when needed
Outgoing and driven
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Retail Sales – Medithrive
Medithrive is a historic (there has been a dispensary in this location since 1996!), high-end, “Recreational” cannabis storefront and delivery services based in “The Mission District” of San Francisco.
We curate, partner with, and carry many the most innovative and exciting cannabis brands in the industry. Being a standalone operator (and not a corporate player) our employees are actually “True Team Members” who get to wear many different hats and honestly learn as much as possible about this exciting and newly emerging industry.
Many of our previous employees moved on to elevated positions both within our company and with other brands in this industry. While the primary job description focuses on retail sales, you will both be able to and expected to work many of the other job positions including, in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory associate.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A DISPENSARY! If you are interested in entering this exciting and newly emerging industry this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to learn the operations of a dispensary in its entirety ! We are happy to hire seasoned cannabis industry veterans but equally excited to bring on passionate, driven and professional rookies.
Below is an honest description of who we are looking for; please read it and if you see yourself in the description PLEASE APPLY!!! If you have previous experience working in the luxury retail environment we want to talk to you. And if you are serious about learning and growing within this exciting new industry, we want to talk to you.
Our goal is to provide a professional work environment where our team members are consistently challenged and encouraged to grow professionally as well as personally.
An ideal candidate is extremely self-motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and team-oriented. If during a busy shift all you can think about doing is taking a break or hiding in the back of the house this is not the place for you! This is a retail environment where you are expected to consistently engage with clients so you must be extraverted, polite, extremely customer service oriented and proactive about identifying patron needs and helping them solve them. This requires MASTERING our menu and product offering and coming from a place of contribution to best serve our clients.
Candidates MUST have previous experience working in a customer oriented retail environment with a strong brand and team culture such as Nordstrom’s, Neiman Marcus, Zara, Banana Republic, Prada, Burke Williams, Massage Envy, Bliss, Whole Foods Market, Starbucks etc. Cannabis knowledge and appreciation is preferred but not required.
- Welcome, greet and interact with clients with a smile, upbeat positive attitude, and a demeanor that communicates that you are there to help them achieve their cannabis goals
- Recommend, select, and help locate the proper products for clients depending on their individual needs
- Educate them about the different types of products, strains, and their respective effects that will bring about the desired outcomes
- Ensure that distribution processes and security protocol is strictly adhered to so that clients and staff are safe and protected
- Scrupulously maintain a clean, efficient, and well-kept work environment on the sales floor and back office at all times; this involves dusting, glass cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, and sanitation
- Ensure that all products are stocked
- Perform tasks on opening/closing checklist
- Perform other related work as required
- Assist as in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory associate when needed
- Pass out fliers when needed
- Clean store when its your turn
- Minimum of 2 year HIGH-END retail experience in sales or front desk previous experience and ease with using a cloud based POS system IS REQUIRED!
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid California ID
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills for Point of Sale (POS) system and proficiency with cash handling
- Must be available to work evenings (until 10:30 PM), weekends, and (some) holidays.
- Interested in Cannabis and related products
- Must have the ability to stand and walk around the retail floor for entire shift, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and proficiency in other languages a plus
- Must have professional appearance and be able to interact with different personalities
- Must be a highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player who is a solution based thinker
- Must submit and pass a Department of Criminal Justice criminal background check
- Must be computer friendly – Microsoft Word/Excel experience a major plus
Medithrive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Assistant Manager – Stiizy Mission
- Medical Insurance for 70% covered by the company for part time and full time employment
- Paid training to learn about the history of cannabis, compliance, product knowledge, and sales
- 10% employee discounts and 20% employee discounts on Stiiizy mmj products (with the exception of Modesto/Davis employees)on top of already highly competitive prices
- Annual employee appreciation 30-40% merchandise discount for Stiiizy swag
- Free virtual workforce development classes (contingent on partnerships with local colleges)
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Paid manager training
In this role, you will assist the General Manager in leading the retail team and oversee day to day operations. The ideal candidate for this job shines bright when it comes to setting a good example and keeping coworkers motivated. He/she will foster a culture of teamwork and camaraderie with communication being at the forefront of team building.
- Create and promote a healthy team culture where individual employees have the capacity and feel empowered to work autonomously while striving to meet a common collaborative goal
- Lead and inspire team members to continuously grow, learn, and evolve personally and professionally
- Help build an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to employees and customers.
- Promote an environment and culture that is focused on positive and healthy interactions
- Mediate conflict, address complex issues, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
- Ensure store is operating in compliance with all City and State regulations and labor laws
- Comply with all HR policies and employee handbook; maintain detailed documentation of all HR processes
- Have clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc) and ensure that compliance is executed in operations
- Manage all day-to-day operations to maximize sales growth while focusing on operational efficiency and compliance
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and training the staff to deliver the same service
- Drive customer visit goals and increase the number of returning customers
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including and not limited to:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations
- Submitting end-of-day day reports
- Ensuring opening and closing duties are fulfilled
- Ensuring accuracy with the safe
- Delivering financial and operational reporting regularly
- Holding employees accountable and tracking attendance
- Delivering timely disciplinary action reports for corrective action
- Partner with the General Manager to effectively communicate and delegate goals, tasks, and responsibilities to the team to ensure a smooth operational flow
- Monitor and manage staffing, scheduling, operations, processes, etc.
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, and store presentations
- Evaluate floor leads on a consistent basis in order to provide actionable feedback to support their growth
- Strategically utilize the tools and resources provided by General Managers to improve operational efficiency and improve cultural goals
- Implement systems of checks and balances in areas vulnerable to loss
- *Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not a must; however, 2-3 years of experience in training is necessary
- Open availability: able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) comfortability with various software and databases
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Budtender/Retail Sales – Enlightened Management Company EMC
The Budtender, has a passion for serving the medical cannabis community, serves as a productive team member and ensures adherence to our stores standard operating procedures. Which provides exceptional customer service, and capable of resolving customer issues and operating a Register (“POS”). The ideal candidate has customer service experience, is bilingual (a plus), and can work flexible hours.
- Excellent customer communication and service skills.
- Drive sales through effective engagement and suggestive selling.
- Uphold store standards for visuals and cleanliness.
- Monitor shop ambiance, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Educate new customers on cannabis effects.
- Collaborate with colleagues and management to enhance performance.
- Maintain vigilance to prevent inventory loss or theft.
- Assist Store Management in achieving sales goals.
- Carry out assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively on business matters.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and additional hours as needed.
Additional Register (“POS”) Duties:
- Open registers and conduct drops.
- Process register transactions accurately.
- Apply store credit, discounts, and handle exchanges.
- Assist in store opening, closing, and protocol adherence.
- Ensure product organization and conduct daily huddles.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong accounting, math, and computer skills.
- High school diploma; bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 1-2 years of management/leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred.
- Open availability preferred, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work full-time.
The job requires prolonged standing, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, and bending, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Full-time status entails open availability and an average of 36 hours per week.. EMC is an essential business, which provides equal employment opportunities, prohibits discrimination, and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance regarding applicants with arrest/conviction records and are.
Member Consultant – SPARC Lower Haight
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee, Spouse and/or Child
- Hospital/Accident/Critical Illness Indemnity
- Commuter FSA
- Parking or Transit
- PCS Retirement 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Pet Insurance
- Cat, Dog and/or Avian
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- 34% at any SPARC dispensary
- Employee allowance
- $30 credit per pay period at any SPARC dispensary
- Free snacks at all SPARC locations
Responsible for ensuring each member receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment
Assist members with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, facilitate new membership and member renewal processes and always provide the highest level of customer service
Understand and embrace the mission of SPARC, affiliate organization(s), and their role in the industry and local and greater communities
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and maintain rapport with our members, vendors, service providers and staff.
- Ensure members’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate member requests and/or problems to a manager when needed.
- Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for members depending on their individual needs.
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to members clearly and effectively.
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash and credit card transactions.
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
- Set up and break down display cases daily. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock, and participate in inventory counts.
- Facilitate the new membership and member renewal processes.
- Perform data entry and manage the member database.
- Facilitate the verification process with doctors’ offices for new and renewing members if medical certification is provided.
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Book appointments for members for services they request.
- Maintain a current stock of Member Handbooks, Intake Forms, and promotional items, such as lighters, stickers and newsletters. Frequently maintain dispensary’s cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitization.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Give new members a tour of the dispensary.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with members and staff in all situations.
- Personal knowledge of effects of cannabis to self and others.
- Ability to perceive and meet the needs of members and staff without direction.
- Strong problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to dispense medicine accurately and efficiently.
- Strong math skills for Point of Sale (POS) system and cash handling.
- Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Must possess a high degree of personal ownership and accountability.
- Knowledgeable on cannabis strains, genetics, cultivation and medicinal effects
- Must have high level of organization, patience and flexibility
- Strong commitment to member service.
- Ability to adapt to a changing industry and growing organization.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required
- Must be 21 years old and submit to a background check.
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a busy cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area is very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult members and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.
- Provide and promote exceptional customer service and offer positive resolutions to challenges from customers
- Generate sales through customer interaction, product assistance, and suggestive selling
- Educate new clientele on the different effects of cannabis
- Prevent asset loss through proper floor awareness
- Effectively perform register transactions without errors or shortages
- Adhere to store visual directives, maintenance standards, and cleanliness standards
- Consistently exemplify a teamwork attitude with management and coworkers to improve personal and store performance
- Communicate effectively with management and coworkers concerning business issues and opportunities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment
- Support the Store Management team in driving and maximizing store sales, controlling and minimizing shrink to achieve store goals
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- No prior experience required; however, prior customer service and/or retail experience is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
- Work a schedule reflective of availability established at the time of hire, with the ability to increase hours based on business needs which may include weekends and/or holidays
- Stand for up to 8 hours
- Carry up to 40 pounds
- Bend at the waist
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Kneel and squat on the ground
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Budtender – Union Cannabis Club
A Budtender’s primary role is to assist our guests with choosing the right cannabis products while providing an amazing guest experience. You are our frontline workers that convey our high standards of product knowledge and customer service while demonstrating patience and kindness to those guests here at Union Cannabis Club. If you think that this could be a fit for you, please apply to this job opening.
Budtender – Purple Star MD
Purple Star MD is looking for a bright, energetic sales professional with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is ready to join our dynamic team. We are looking for individuals that are ready to develop and grow with the industry.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards at all times
- Have an open schedule 7 days a week between the hours of 8am-10pm. Available to work varied hours/days, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Manage all aspects of sales, set up new customers in sales order system, enter sales orders and dispense change to the customers.
- Provide support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of sales and information to customers in a timely manner. This includes, being quick and efficient with customers, making them feel welcomed
- Must be able to stand the duration of the shift and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Requires ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to learn and adapt in a changing environments
- Ability to make medical cannabis recommendations
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Preferable retail experience and customer service experience more than 1 year
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals
- Punctual, reliable and desire to learn
- Must have basic computer skills
- Self-starter, driven, motivated and be able to multitask
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs
- Over the age of 21 with a valid drivers license with no convictions
- Valid state issued driver’s license with a clean record
***Must take assessment emailed to you after applying***
***Please include a cover letter letting us know why you would be perfect for this position***