3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a community-based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety and development. 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic also manages a number of successful Transitional Age Youth (TAY) housing stabilization programs and one of the city’s few Youth Access Points.
In an exciting new venture, 3rd Street has partnered with Success Centers to operate the Lower Polk Transition Age Navigation Center located at 888 Post Street. The Navigation Center provides a safe and affirming place for TAY and services to stabilize and achieve their housing goals. The Navigation Center systems of support work in concert to assist TAY residents with public benefits, health services, problem- solving, and housing, as available. The Navigation Center model is a low barrier, harm reduction model.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Case Manager will provide comprehensive case management to up to 25 Navigation Center TAY youth. This position is responsible for supporting TAY youth in coordinating housing assessments, securing permanent housing and linkage to appropriate services. Case Managers will assist TAY and their team of providers as they locate, prepare for, and adjust to new housing, model independent living skills and positive communication strategies, and build their social-emotional proficiencies to help them succeed at the Navigation Center and in their lives after.
• Case coordination and advocacy within Navigation Center and with other CBOs.
• Data collection and case notes entered into all appropriate databases.
• Support staff 3rd Street’s housing program.
• Resource brokerage and referral as needed.
• Individual case management of up to 25 Navigation Center TAY.
• Design individual support & transition plans with youth – including linkage to employment, behavioral health, public benefits and other necessary services.
• Coordination of housing assessment (s).
• Ability to provide substance abuse counseling.
• Working knowledge of issues facing youth.
• Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
• Proficiency in data entry – preferably with ONE System
• Flexibility with a team player mentality.
• Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
• Alignment to 3rd Street’s mission.
• Discretion and excellent professional judgment.
• Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
• Ability to connect with our youth.
IMPORTANT POSITION DETAILS & COMPENSATION:
• Bachelors in related field OR equivalent work experience.
• 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk and/or homeless youth.
• Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multicultural and LGBTQIA inclusive environment.
• This is a 40 hours FTE exempt position. The salary maximum is $65,000, DOE, with a competitive benefits package.
• This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification. Upon hire obtain negative result of TB test and fingerprint via live scan system.
• Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.
The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to Sakeenah El-Amin at email@example.com or submit them in the form below.