Job Title: Maintenance Worker (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Success Centers (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Maintenance Worker will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
• Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
• Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
• Plans repair work using building’s blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
• Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
• Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
• Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
• Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Effective Communication skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Related experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Success Centers is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is at-will and is dependent on the availability of funds. To apply please forward your resume and a cover letter to HR@successcenters.org or submit them in the form below.
For more information on this position, please contact Tracy Green at email@example.com