Retail Sales Team Member – MediThrive
$19 – $21 / hour
Medithrive is a historic (there has been a dispensary in this location since 1996!), high-end, “Recreational” cannabis storefront and delivery services based in “The Mission District” of San Francisco. We curate, partner with, and carry many the most innovative and exciting cannabis brands in the industry. Being a standalone operator (and not a corporate player) our employees are actually “True Team Members” who get to wear many different hats and honestly learn as much as possible about this exciting and newly emerging industry. Many of our previous employees moved on to elevated positions both within our company and with other brands in this industry. While the primary job description focuses on retail sales, you will both be able to and expected to work many of the other job positions including, in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory associate. YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A DISPENSARY! If you are interested in entering this exciting and newly emerging industry this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to learn the operations of a dispensary in its entirety! We are happy to hire seasoned cannabis industry veterans but equally excited to bring on passionate, driven and professional rookies. Below is an honest description of who we are looking for; please read it and if you see yourself in the description PLEASE APPLY!!! If you have previous experience working in the luxury retail environment we want to talk to you. And if you are serious about learning and growing within this exciting new industry, we want to talk to you. Our goal is to provide a professional work environment where our team members are consistently challenged and encouraged to grow professionally as well as personally. An ideal candidate is extremely self-motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and team-oriented. If during a busy shift all you can think about doing is taking a break or hiding in the back of the house this is not the place for you! This is a retail environment where you are expected to consistently engage with clients so you must be extraverted, polite, extremely customer service oriented and proactive about identifying patron needs and helping them solve them. This requires MASTERING our menu and product offering and coming from a place of contribution to best serve our clients. Candidates MUST have previous experience working in a customer oriented retail environment with a strong brand and team culture such as Nordstrom’s, Neiman Marcus, Zara, Banana Republic, Prada, Burke Williams, Massage Envy, Bliss, Whole Foods Market, Starbucks etc. Cannabis knowledge and appreciation is preferred but not required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome, greet and interact with clients with a smile, upbeat positive attitude, and a demeanor that communicates that you are
- there to help them achieve their cannabis goals
- Recommend, select, and help locate the proper products for clients depending on
- their individual needs
- Educate them about the different types of products, strains, and their respective effects that will bring about
- the desired outcomes
- Ensure that distribution processes and security protocol is strictly adhered to so that clients and staff are safe
- and protected
- Scrupulously maintain a clean, efficient, and well-kept work environment on the sales floor and back office at all
- times; this involves dusting, glass cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, and sanitation
- Ensure that all products are stocked
- Perform tasks
- on opening/closing checklist
- Perform other related work as required
- Assist as in-take host, coordinator, driver, and inventory
- associate when needed
- Pass out fliers when needed
- Clean store when its your turn
Medithrive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic
information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Coordinator- Delivery Dispatcher – Medithrive
Medithrive is a historic (there has been a dispensary in this location since 1996!), high-end, “Recreational” cannabis storefront and delivery services based in “The Mission District” of San Francisco. We curate, partner with, and carry many the most innovative and exciting cannabis brands in the industry. Being a standalone operator (and not a corporate player) our employees are actually “True Team Members” who get to wear many different hats and honestly learn as much as possible about this exciting and newly emerging industry. Many of our previous employees moved on to elevated positions both within our company and with other brands in this industry. While the primary job description and responsibility focuses on COORDINATING ; you will both be able to and expected to work many of the other job positions including, phone/sales, in-take host, and inventory associate. YOU WILL LEARN HOW A CANNABIS DISPENSARY & DELIVERY SERVICE OPERATES! If you are interested in entering this exciting and newly emerging industry this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to learn the operations of a dispensary in its entirety! We are happy to hire seasoned cannabis industry veterans but equally excited to bring on passionate, driven and professional rookies. Below is an honest description of who we are looking for; please read it and if you see yourself in the description PLEASE APPLY!!! Medithrive is looking for a Delivery Dispatchers/ Coordinators that will communicate with & manage customers and drivers. The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, be able to remain calm + composed, and work well in high stress situations. A great work ethic, great multitasking skills, great communication/customer service skills, common sense, and trustworthiness are required. Everything else can be trained! You are the first point of customer communication for the company, so it is important that you represent the company well!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop efficient routes to ensure that deliveries are made in a timely fashion
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts
- and address any routing issues they might have
- Monitor road conditions, construction zones, and accidents in order to revise routes
- as needed
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Answer calls from delivery drivers and
- relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels
- Other duties as requested
- Communicate with customer through phone, email, and text on computer
- Process orders (everything related to this process)
- drivers in SF Bay Area/ East Bay
- Data entry/data management
- Communicate with team members during workflow
- Proficient in
- basic computer skills
- Fast typist
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Proficient in math related to money and taxes
- organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking.
- Common sense, Trustworthy, Punctual, Detail oriented, Cannabis experience is NOT required, POS handling, Attention to detail
Budtender – Off The Charts
We are seeking enthusiastic and knowledgeable individuals to join our team as Budtenders. As a Budtender, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service, guiding customers through our extensive product selection, and ensuring a positive and informative experience for all patrons.
- Greet and assist customers with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Provide accurate information about various cannabis products, including strains, edibles, concentrates, and accessories.
- Answer customer questions and address concerns in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis trends, strains, and products.
- Educate customers on the effects, benefits, and potential risks of different cannabis products.
- Assist customers in selecting products that match their preferences and needs.
Sales and Transactions:
- Process sales transactions accurately and efficiently using the Meadow point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Upsell and recommend additional products based on customer preferences.
- Maintain awareness of inventory levels and communicate restocking needs to management.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local regulations related to the sale of cannabis products.
- Verify customer identification and age to ensure legal purchasing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a positive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to share product knowledge and customer feedback.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service role is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic math skills for handling transactions.
- Familiarity with cannabis laws and regulations in California is a plus.
Budtender – Portola Pipeline Dispensary
Join our dynamic team in the heart of Portola, San Francisco, as a Cannabis Budtender! If you’re passionate about cannabis, customer service, and creating a positive experience for patrons, we want you on board. Assisting customers with product selection and provide knowledgeable recommendations. Maintaining a welcoming and informative atmosphere within the dispensary. Handling transactions accurately and efficiently. Staying up-to-date on cannabis products, strains, and industry trends. Ensuring compliance with all state regulations and company policies.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role preferred
- Knowledge of cannabis products and their effects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Budtender/Doorperson – Grass Roots
The Budtender/Door Person is our primary front of house position. This position works either the door, sells cannabis to walk in customers or handles fulfillment of phone, online and delivery orders or a combination of the three functions depending on staffing needs and floor coverage. When performing the door function, the Budtender is responsible for greeting, admitting and exiting customers from the retail store. While stationed at the front door and gate, the Budtender is required to greet customers, verify identification, enter information into a computer, and ensure the overall safety and security of the retail store. While behind the sales counter, the Budtender is responsible for dispensing and selling cannabis products and merchandise, collecting cash and debit payments and handling customer requests, questions and suggesting products that would benefit the customer. While answering calls and responding to web and online inquiries the Budtender uses their knowledge and customer service skills to offer all of our range of products to customers. These functions also include back of house functions, including side work, stickering, organization and cleaning and general store upkeep. Additional duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Greet arriving customers and check proper ID’s
- Input customers into our Point of Sale (POS) system, direct them to the queue
- Sell, promote, recommend and curate product solutions that benefit our customers
- Collect payments and issue sales receipts upon request
- Answer multi-line phone system and manage inbound calls accordingly
- Instruct customers regarding marijuana options
- Provide excellent product knowledge and customer service ranging from flowers and edibles, to extracts and topicals
- Maintain order in the store and in assigned station, including proper storage of products and maintaining health and safety
- standards for fellow employees and customers
- Ensure the cash drawer is balanced at the end of each shift.
- Maintain and uphold Covid cleanliness and sanitation standards
Assistant Manager – Stiizy Mission
- Medical Insurance for 70% covered by the company for part time and full time employment
- Paid training to learn about the history of cannabis, compliance, product knowledge, and sales
- 10% employee discounts and 20% employee discounts on Stiiizy mmj products (with the exception of Modesto/Davis employees)on top of already highly competitive prices
- Annual employee appreciation 30-40% merchandise discount for Stiiizy swag
- Free virtual workforce development classes (contingent on partnerships with local colleges)
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Paid manager training
In this role, you will assist the General Manager in leading the retail team and oversee day to day operations. The ideal candidate for this job shines bright when it comes to setting a good example and keeping coworkers motivated. He/she will foster a culture of teamwork and camaraderie with communication being at the forefront of team building.
- Create and promote a healthy team culture where individual employees have the capacity and feel empowered to work autonomously while striving to meet a common collaborative goal
- Lead and inspire team members to continuously grow, learn, and evolve personally and professionally
- Help build an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to employees and customers.
- Promote an environment and culture that is focused on positive and healthy interactions
- Mediate conflict, address complex issues, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
- Ensure store is operating in compliance with all City and State regulations and labor laws
- Comply with all HR policies and employee handbook; maintain detailed documentation of all HR processes
- Have clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc) and ensure that compliance is executed in operations
- Manage all day-to-day operations to maximize sales growth while focusing on operational efficiency and compliance
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and training the staff to deliver the same service
- Drive customer visit goals and increase the number of returning customers
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including and not limited to:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations
- Submitting end-of-day day reports
- Ensuring opening and closing duties are fulfilled
- Ensuring accuracy with the safe
- Delivering financial and operational reporting regularly
- Holding employees accountable and tracking attendance
- Delivering timely disciplinary action reports for corrective action
- Partner with the General Manager to effectively communicate and delegate goals, tasks, and responsibilities to the team to ensure a smooth operational flow
- Monitor and manage staffing, scheduling, operations, processes, etc.
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, and store presentations
- Evaluate floor leads on a consistent basis in order to provide actionable feedback to support their growth
- Strategically utilize the tools and resources provided by General Managers to improve operational efficiency and improve cultural goals
- Implement systems of checks and balances in areas vulnerable to loss
- *Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not a must; however, 2-3 years of experience in training is necessary
- Open availability: able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) comfortability with various software and databases
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Cannabis Consultant – Moe Greens
We are seeking outgoing and passionate part time budtenders who are looking for long-term employment. Our budtenders will support the management team with the activities and operations of the store, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. Our budtenders are responsible for helping customers, processing transactions, cash handling, and providing excellent customer service. You must be able to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences. Although there is onsite consumption at Moe Greens, employees are not allowed to be under the influence of any controlled or non controlled substances during their shifts.
- Responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Ensure the sales floor is properly stocked and the presence of the store is well maintained
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures
- Maintain product knowledge
- Greeting customers warmly when they enter
- Capable of using our POS system (Treez)
- Maintain friendly demeanor
- Correct cash handling
- Accurate and timely data entry and patient profiles
- Daily organization and cleaning
- Communicating effectively with others
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous cannabis, hospitality, food service or retail experience preferred
- Must be the minimum age of 21 years old
- Professional, tidy appearance and good personal hygiene
- Must be on time and ready to work when scheduled
- Reliable transportation
- Cannabis knowledge is preferred
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts and store location assignments
Budtender – Purple Star MD
Purple Star MD is looking for a bright, energetic sales professional with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is ready to join our dynamic team. We are looking for individuals that are ready to develop and grow with the industry.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards at all times
- Have an open schedule 7 days a week between the hours of 8am-10pm. Available to work varied hours/days, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Manage all aspects of sales, set up new customers in sales order system, enter sales orders and dispense change to the customers.
- Provide support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of sales and information to customers in a timely manner. This includes, being quick and efficient with customers, making them feel welcomed
- Must be able to stand the duration of the shift and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Requires ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to learn and adapt in a changing environments
- Ability to make medical cannabis recommendations
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Preferable retail experience and customer service experience more than 1 year
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals
- Punctual, reliable and desire to learn
- Must have basic computer skills
- Self-starter, driven, motivated and be able to multitask
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs
- Over the age of 21 with a valid drivers license with no convictions
- Valid state issued driver’s license with a clean record
***Must take assessment emailed to you after applying***
***Please include a cover letter letting us know why you would be perfect for this position***